Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   How do Necros split pull? (/forums/showthread.php?t=298190)

Izmael 07-03-2018 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briq (Post 2733880)
I only play anywhere from 1-10 hours a week, so I have not really tried to push the limits and have played it relatively safe. Now on my enchanter, I did a lot of charm solo killing in guk and other dungeons and had a blast with it.. I just do not feel that a necro's charming ability is anywhere close to that of an enchanter and just haven't really messed with it all too much. Charasis is looming soon within the next couple of levels though!!

Now I could see in dungeons using it more, able to HS and run around a corner and FD. I am definitely thinking it more in terms of outside. I probably would have gone into Charasis without it up. Thanks for the reminder!

As long as lots of undead are involved, charming is probably easier on a necro in most situations than on an enc. You get stuff an enc doesn't: unresistable lifetap that heals you while finishing the mob off for full exp (at 54 Deflux is just so much better than any enc nuke), FD, CoS which is better than Gazughi ring, Harmshield, tap an eye for HP.

The only thing you'll really miss is AE stun but you can somewhat shape your playstyle around the fact that you don't have it (keep enough distance to the mobs, liberally use FD...)