Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   What kept me playing (/forums/showthread.php?t=397106)

Bobjenson 12-31-2021 12:34 AM

What kept me playing

Hey all,

I joined p99 recently in March 2021 and had a blast. Super welcome and supportive community.

I was in awe and since it's been like 20 years nostalgia was paramount.

Anyways, fast forward I've got a mid 50's char and gace away a holgresh bead... I lack a purpose to play but the game is great.

Have I just outgrown online gaming?

AenorVZ 12-31-2021 12:39 AM

Possibly.

Shac 12-31-2021 01:07 AM

make adventures

Jibartik 12-31-2021 03:33 AM

I hav to gace auwy a thing once but like do I am the one that asks?

Im not sure.. but I know that for sure.

Swish 12-31-2021 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobjenson (Post 3405241)
Hey all,

I joined p99 recently in March 2021 and had a blast. Super welcome and supportive community.

I was in awe and since it's been like 20 years nostalgia was paramount.

Anyways, fast forward I've got a mid 50's char and gace away a holgresh bead... I lack a purpose to play but the game is great.

Have I just outgrown online gaming?

What makes you not want to raid?

starkind 12-31-2021 09:02 AM

Make an alt!

wuanahto 12-31-2021 12:05 PM

EverQuest didnt have much competition when it came out and you didnt have other options
mostly nostalgia that got you this far
the fact that its emulated kinda makes it feel not real
takes a massive amount of time investment that some just dont have anymore
id rather be modding skyrim right now to only have a select few NPCs pregnant instead of everyone including some of the dragons

azxten 12-31-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuanahto (Post 3405360)
EverQuest didnt have much competition when it came out and you didnt have other options
mostly nostalgia that got you this far
the fact that its emulated kinda makes it feel not real
takes a massive amount of time investment that some just dont have anymore
id rather be modding skyrim right now to only have a select few NPCs pregnant instead of everyone including some of the dragons

Getting Skyrim dragons pregnant does sound more fun than P99 raiding.

No, you haven't outgrown gaming, you're just not the kind of gamer who enjoys P99 raids. I've never liked raiding and EQ is essentially over for me every time I get close to max level. I just enjoy the journey, the mechanics, the atmosphere, etc and most of that goes away at max level.

I recommend starting a family, finding God, and/or creating art. There is little else worth living for.

Disease 12-31-2021 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azxten (Post 3405385)
Getting Skyrim dragons pregnant does sound more fun than P99 raiding.

No, you haven't outgrown gaming, you're just not the kind of gamer who enjoys P99 raids. I've never liked raiding and EQ is essentially over for me every time I get close to max level. I just enjoy the journey, the mechanics, the atmosphere, etc and most of that goes away at max level.

I recommend starting a family, finding God, and/or creating art. There is little else worth living for.

This is me. Level a character to 60, rinse and repeat. I enjoy playing the different classes and each ride always ends up different outside of a couple exp spots you can't pass up.

Jibartik 12-31-2021 02:01 PM

EQ animal crossing