Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   20years later I seem to have forgotten everything (/forums/showthread.php?t=332516)

khristo 08-25-2019 11:28 AM

20years later I seem to have forgotten everything

Question about lvl 1 zone in halas. Is it just me ore my install ? am i doing something wrong? I do remember being able to kill solo on the first mobs and get a couple of levels . I cant kill the smallest of the small mobs as a war. what am i missing?

Whoop 08-26-2019 02:33 AM

Make sure you "con" the mob before attacking it. Go for blues and maybe whites if you feel lucky. Stay away from yellows and reds. If this isnt working then yea, you are doing something wrong :)

aaezil 08-26-2019 03:35 AM

Its your install you should re install your entire computer 3 times then try again

Jimjam 08-26-2019 03:35 AM

Equip your weapon.

Swish2 08-26-2019 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaezil (Post 2952138)
Its your install you should re install your entire computer 3 times then try again

Trolling new players? Stay classy.

aaezil 08-26-2019 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish2 (Post 2952141)
Trolling new players? Stay classy.

Yeah but has reinstalling helped you kill lvl 1 mobs be honest

Swish2 08-26-2019 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khristo (Post 2951852)
Question about lvl 1 zone in halas. Is it just me ore my install ? am i doing something wrong? I do remember being able to kill solo on the first mobs and get a couple of levels . I cant kill the smallest of the small mobs as a war. what am i missing?

There's a bit of luck involved at level 1, particularly outside Halas. I found trying to kill spiderlings there would just mean 3-4 more would turn up to ruin my day, and the higher skeletons loved to join in too :p

Everfrost might be the hardest starting zone in the game thinking about it :p

Benanov 08-26-2019 09:50 AM

Everfrost *IS* the hardest starting zone in the game, maybe save Tox for Erudite Necros pre-Paineel. Nektulos is reportedly the worst (few spawns). I do recall the zone next to Shar Vahl being brutal, but Luclin isn't on P99.

Iksar have 4 zones to choose from. We lizards have it easy. (The best is FoB; Loio is OK; WW has a lot of high-level wanderers; SoNH is fairly bad.)

The worst starting zone has to be Ghetto Faydark, however. Sure it's convenient...but it's...so noisy.

Shrubwise 08-26-2019 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 2952139)
Equip your weapon.

Actually a legitimate comment. My first EQ character ever was a Barbarian warrior. After I finally figured out how to wait for the ferry in Halas, after drowning multiple times, I managed to head out into Everfrost and be subsequently slain by every single mob I encountered.
I went to school and complained to my friends who played EQ. They informed me about equipping a sword.

Jimjam 08-26-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish2 (Post 2952143)
There's a bit of luck involved at level 1, particularly outside Halas. I found trying to kill spiderlings there would just mean 3-4 more would turn up to ruin my day, and the higher skeletons loved to join in too :p

Everfrost might be the hardest starting zone in the game thinking about it :p

It's like the only starting zone that immediately reached you about pulling to safe spots, and that's why barbarians are the best (after hobbits).