Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   How to fix P99? (/forums/showthread.php?t=397637)

realsubtle 01-10-2022 03:26 PM

How to fix P99?

P99 is actually basically fine and they just need to add in a custom Illusion: Froglok spell that can be purchased and used by player enchanters. Wouldnt that be fun? Youd be a little Froglok runnin around!

Prismaticshop 01-10-2022 03:34 PM

p99 is the best game since 1999, no need fixing

custom content on blue involving current deities would be cool tho , like, put the sleeper back in an event of give it a sort of cycle

realsubtle 01-10-2022 04:34 PM

Haha yeah, all joking aside, I think people really don't appreciate what we have here, it genuinely is so much fun. I think one of my favorite things are the pickup groups. I love having to make weird non-synergistic combinations work and trying to figure out how to keep the HP flowing or having to do crowd-control with a non-optimal skillset. You wind up with some of the craziest groups in this game, and I love it.

Chortles Snortles 01-10-2022 04:55 PM

more unicorn summoning elf jannies will fix it
(lol)

tankh 01-10-2022 05:02 PM

Remove Detoxx and Furoar and 99% of the problems would disappear

San'Drax 01-10-2022 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tankh (Post 3409361)
Remove Detoxx and Furoar and 99% of the problems would disappear

This. Perm ban of nearly all the toxic V leadership that made p99 into an esports game.

Tewaz 01-10-2022 05:10 PM

They need to address a server that will be stuck in the current state in perpetuum.

Bring the Sleeper and his warders back every few years, random removed items returning through different mechanics, more best of the best style events, etc.

strongNpretty 01-10-2022 05:14 PM

Requesting changes to Classic EQ is like requesting DLC for the original Duckhunt/Mario game..

Danth 01-10-2022 05:25 PM

P99 is pretty good, certainly more good than bad.

In terms of raiding, I'm okay with leaving that part of the game for the obsessive types because the loot is unnecessary for normal activities anyway. They can have temple veeshan--I don't care about it. I do gripe when raid-related problems spills over into the normal parts of the game. I don't particularly like when raid guilds are seemingly allowed to train my little groups in their pursuit of pixels and face no repercussion for it. As long as they keep to themselves and don't bother me I don't much care what they do or how many Vulaks they monopolize.

Otherwise, Bards have long since turned into the scum class of norrath and should be permanently reduced to maximum 4 target AE. They ruin numerous zones, constantly train people and generally cause trouble, and are the most consistent problem I run into in the course of normal gameplay.

On balance, those problems are pretty modest given the vast scope of the game world.

Danth

San'Drax 01-10-2022 05:28 PM

I think they should implement in game titles for people that get to level 60 with No Time To Rez. Duerkal should get the title "the Undying" cause he was first, and anyone who subsequently completes the achievement gets a standard title. This gives the try hards something else to do and reduces strain on camps