Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Cleric friends, teach me how to paci/atone (/forums/showthread.php?t=406001)

RobotGraveyard 07-27-2022 10:23 AM

Cleric friends, teach me how to paci/atone

Hello! Level 55 cleric here. I have been gradually learning how to use paci/atone now that I am grouping more. I decided to test it out with my goal being to paci/atone my way through the entrance of The Hole. I have no issues with paci, I got lucky with my 128 cha and managed to paci all but 1 of the entrance mobs. I figured this was perfect to try to atone. Nope. Train. Did this 5 or 6 times and then logged to an alt.
My method that didn't work:
Root -> atone (clickie staff) -> paci
Always got attacked, always drew agro from the neighboring mobs that should've been paci'd. What am I doing wrong?

Vivitron 07-27-2022 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobotGraveyard (Post 3485386)
Hello! Level 55 cleric here. I have been gradually learning how to use paci/atone now that I am grouping more. I decided to test it out with my goal being to paci/atone my way through the entrance of The Hole. I have no issues with paci, I got lucky with my 128 cha and managed to paci all but 1 of the entrance mobs. I figured this was perfect to try to atone. Nope. Train. Did this 5 or 6 times and then logged to an alt.
My method that didn't work:
Root -> atone (clickie staff) -> paci
Always got attacked, always drew agro from the neighboring mobs that should've been paci'd. What am I doing wrong?

You have to paci before the atone or it will re-aggro after you blur it. Give the paci'd mobs some space; if you get too close they will still aggro.

It's random whether atone blurs the mobs, so you have to check whether it worked. If a rooted mob is blurred it shouldn't keep looking at you as you walk around it. Blurred mobs regen at 5% hp per tick. If they don't see through invis/ivu, the appropriate invis/ivu will take you back to indifferent if the blur worked.

RobotGraveyard 07-27-2022 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivitron (Post 3485499)
You have to paci before the atone or it will re-aggro after you blur it. Give the paci'd mobs some space; if you get too close they will still aggro.

It's random whether atone blurs the mobs, so you have to check whether it worked. If a rooted mob is blurred it shouldn't keep looking at you as you walk around it. Blurred mobs regen at 5% hp per tick. If they don't see through invis/ivu, the appropriate invis/ivu will take you back to indifferent if the blur worked.

Okay, so the order of operations is….
Failed Paci, here comes dat boi, root, paci, atone until it sticks (move around or invis)
That seem right?

Vivitron 07-27-2022 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobotGraveyard (Post 3485612)
Okay, so the order of operations is….
Failed Paci, here comes dat boi, root, paci, atone until it sticks (move around or invis)
That seem right?

Exactly.