Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Why are some Exploits allowed (/forums/showthread.php?t=338997)

stewe 11-01-2019 06:28 AM

Why are some Exploits allowed

Yes im going after things like the soulfire again, lets start with recharging items, that is an exploit that is why it was FIXED on live, soulfire being clicked by anyone other then paladins was also an exploit, that is why it was FIXED to be pally only clickable on live, yet these exploits are still in p99 because ppl say its classic bro, but if that is the case why is the warp exploit in karana that gets you close to qeynos hill zoneline already fixed (im glad it is fixed before you try saying i want the exploit, i want all exploits gone) cause that warp is classic right, the reason is cause the DEVs enjoy the two exploits i mentioned at first, they use it themselves cause at the end of the day it is all about them raid pixels and making it as easy as possible to attain them, lets be real here and admit if you gotta use exploits to beat a raid boss you are pathetic and having a raid full of ppl that can CH 5 times is exactly that.

Videri 11-01-2019 06:31 AM

Nice try...i bet you just want your precious WK warp exploit.

Brocode 11-01-2019 06:38 AM

server?

Benanov 11-01-2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewe (Post 3009540)
Yes im going after things like the soulfire again, lets start with recharging items, that is an exploit that is why it was FIXED on live, soulfire being clicked by anyone other then paladins was also an exploit, that is why it was FIXED to be pally only clickable on live

The simplest explanation is "because it was fixed later in the timeline"

Honestly I'd like to see that fixed.

I'd also be happy with the Mage focus items being restricted to MAG only too, but again - that was later in the timeline.

Blue is right now exactly as it was the day before Luclin dropped. Minus a long time of betas, exploits, and weird messed up economy shit.

Should the devs go off and fix some of these long-standing issues? Yes. Right now it's not gonna happen, their focus is on green. Hell, making someone a guild officer requires a direct DB change.

loramin 11-01-2019 10:54 AM

Ultimately the answer is "it's subjective". They fix some exploits, they don't fix others. It used to feel like there was a clear line, but with Green that line has been smudged a lot, and a lot more "subjective-feeling" calls about what is and isn't an exploit have been made.

Their server, their rules.

Madbad 11-01-2019 12:10 PM

reported for staff bashing

Crom 11-01-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3009791)
Ultimately the answer is "it's subjective". They fix some exploits, they don't fix others. It used to feel like there was a clear line, but with Green that line has been smudged a lot, and a lot more "subjective-feeling" calls about what is and isn't an exploit have been made.

Their server, their rules.

/this 100%

shuklak 11-01-2019 01:54 PM

So your version of classic is not classic. Go back to Pantheon!

Swish 11-01-2019 02:24 PM

You could be Daldaen and just report the bugs/exploits that don't affect your class, and leave the ones that help you.

Legidias 11-01-2019 02:27 PM

Kiting is an exploit. Dev's totally meant for every encounter to require a tank, heals, and dps.