Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Sham leveling path 48+ (solo n duo) (/forums/showthread.php?t=308029)

pijan 10-01-2018 10:30 AM

Sham leveling path 48+ (solo n duo)

Howdy there. I just hit 48 on my shaman in CoM and I'm looking for some new leveling options. It will all be either solo or duo with a monk. I currently have a Jbb and should have epic in the next few levels (once I grind the faction). Any suggestions for good spots that might be a bit off the beaten path, or that cater to shaman soloing/duo?

loramin 10-01-2018 11:01 AM

Check out the Per-Level Hunting Guide (link in my signature). It has tons of ideas of places, including plenty that are "off the beaten path", both for Shaman and all other soloing classes. The vast majority of them will also work as duo places.

pijan 10-01-2018 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2784813)
Check out the Per-Level Hunting Guide (link in my signature). It has tons of ideas of places, including plenty that are "off the beaten path", both for Shaman and all other soloing classes. The vast majority of them will also work as duo places.

I did look at this. Haven't tried any of these camps really any personal favorites?

loramin 10-01-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pijan (Post 2784889)
I did look at this. Haven't tried any of these camps really any personal favorites?

Around your level I did ...
  • a lot of troll guards in Grobb (good XP and each drops a little over 10 plat in items ... also trolls are evil and need killing)
  • some giants in Wakening Lands for faction
  • Shardwurms in Great Divide (I was working on my Shawl quest)
  • Seafury Cyclops (although when I did them they dropped a lot more gems than they do now)
  • City of Mist (classic Shaman spot, and you can work on epic, but it sounds like you're tired of it)

If you're evil, Felwithe, Freeport and Rivervale guards are always popular. Once I hit 51 I spent a ton of time at the Burning Woods giant fort.

Hope that helps.

Mendell 10-01-2018 03:57 PM

Re: Troll Guards

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2784924)
Around your level I did ...
[LIST][*]a lot of troll guards in Grobb (good XP and each drops a little over 10 plat in items ... also trolls are evil and need killing)

I attempting Troll guards last night- was able to down ~8 an hour with decent exp (47 shaman, untwinked). However, my main problem is I didn't have anywhere to sell my loot. Do I need more weight reduction bags to do Grobb efficiently?

Nashlyenin 10-01-2018 06:03 PM

Either get a low lvl in the area to sell for you and you give him a % of profits, or you can just start an alt and ground transfer and sell with him. Then have someone do a transfer for you or just buy some gems like peridots and ground transfer it back.

Sizar 10-02-2018 10:18 AM

Once you get epic you can easily do dwarf guards just inside Kaladim. Do not do outside guards in BB as they have higher MR and break root all the time. I did those guards from 51-55. 14pp average per kill

loramin 10-02-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mendell (Post 2785146)
I attempting Troll guards last night- was able to down ~8 an hour with decent exp (47 shaman, untwinked). However, my main problem is I didn't have anywhere to sell my loot. Do I need more weight reduction bags to do Grobb efficiently?

I didn't have weight reduction bags, just a bunch of 10-slot backpacks, and I just ran to Oasis to sell whenever I filled up (although in retrospect Rathe merchants might have been closer?).

Because I was lazy and didn't want to run too often I'd destroy some of the low plat items to make room for swords. Then ... it's been so long, but I think at first I used Scale of Wolf to get to Oasis while weighed down, and then later I bound near the vendor so I could just gate, sell, and then run back to Grobb unencumbered.

Jimjam 10-02-2018 11:38 AM

There is a temple of sol to faction merchant in the NW corner of South ro. Sells food, drink, bandages. That sort of thing.

Snaggles 10-02-2018 03:53 PM

If you are an ogre or troll you can kill troll guards and sell and bank there. Just sayin ;)

Can you just have your monk bud loot and sneak/sell at Ootok?