Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   the GAINS thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=289977)

Pokesan 01-29-2018 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriam1066 (Post 2647986)
5'10"

ALL HAIL PATRIAM, KING OF THE MANLETS

Lhancelot 01-29-2018 11:53 PM

Where is Mead he usually has good input on weight training.

I used to do push-ups then later in life changed to dips. I find dips more rewarding and highly recommend anyone working to strengthen their upper bodies to do this exercise.

Pokesan 01-30-2018 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_ole_troll (Post 2648140)
what pokesan was trying to say is that height flexing/"manlet" is perhaps the #1 most annoying article of toxic masculinity in our world today

wrong, bitch.

it was a shitpost :D

JurisDictum 01-30-2018 01:15 AM

Straight women try to pretend they don't like "toxic alpha's"....but that vast majority of the time their talking about pathetic pretend alphas that finally got enough money to get out of the friend zone. No one likes a poser.

Most guys that fit that alpha image -- never have problems with women claiming their "creeps" or rapists. Rather -- you can count on woman pissed that they left or cheated on them.

As long as you keep rounding up aging beta nerds and holding this up as some kind of victory against toxic masculinity -- most guys won't take this shit seriously.

It is a victory against nerds and want-to-be's sexually harassing women though...although most these guys are self-deluded and think they are actually attractive to women until the lawsuit hits.

Lulz~Sect 01-30-2018 01:25 AM

i rode my bike today

Cecily 01-30-2018 01:37 AM

So my recent.. attempt #3 at transition is going as well as could be expected. Made it ~3 months before everything went to hell this time. On the bright side, I'm steadily but slowly losing mass. XL shirts are noticeably hanging off my 5'11" frame. Right before all this in Sept I hit my highest weight, 217. Was pretty gross. I'm down to ~203 now. Goal to get 165 eventually which will be skinnier than I was at 17. Still don't have a good plan for that, but that's true of everything else I'm doing atm.

AzzarTheGod 01-30-2018 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokesan (Post 2648118)
ALL HAIL PATRIAM, KING OF THE MANLETS

Knew pokes was in 6 foot plus clique

Lhancelot 01-30-2018 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecily (Post 2648211)
So my recent.. attempt #3 at transition is going as well as could be expected. Made it ~3 months before everything went to hell this time. On the bright side, I'm steadily but slowly losing mass. XL shirts are noticeably hanging off my 5'11" frame. Right before all this in Sept I hit my highest weight, 217. Was pretty gross. I'm down to ~203 now. Goal to get 165 eventually which will be skinnier than I was at 17. Still don't have a good plan for that, but that's true of everything else I'm doing atm.

When you say went to hell, is it because of the transitioning process itself or was it just a matter of not following healthy life choices and exercising properly?

That's great, 14 pounds lost is impressive you are past the point of just losing water weight and at a point where you probably feel better and look better too.

Hope you keep at it, and don't lose focus or get complacent with what is working for you. By spring/summer you could potentially be at your target weight if you stick with it.

Cecily 01-30-2018 02:26 AM

Room mate, old friend... dot dot dot, kicked me out when he found out I was starting up again. Losing job in a month too.
Unhealthy life choices worked out for me till I saw a picture of myself in September lol. That's what motivated me to make some changes.

Lhancelot 01-30-2018 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecily (Post 2648238)
Room mate, old friend... dot dot dot, kicked me out when he found out I was starting up again. Losing job in a month too.
Unhealthy life choices worked out for me till I saw a picture of myself in September lol. That's what motivated me to make some changes.

Yes, lots of things thrown at you at once.

It's amazing how different we can feel we look when we compare that feeling to an actual photo. That has served as my biggest motivator to make change personally.

That always has bothered me though, it makes me feel like a shallow fuck because what matters most is what's on the inside, right? :D