Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Patch Notes: Sunday, April 7th, 2019 (/forums/showthread.php?t=321978)

Hotel 04-11-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpetrick (Post 2891789)
You've always been a misinformed idiot.

Hotel 04-11-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2891766)
I strongly suspect I've been following the drama more than you have, but this is neither the time nor place to compare the respective sizes of our drama knowledge. And, just in general, we all really need to get off the personal attacks on fellow posters outside of RnF.

Suffice it to say there is some stuff on the P99 Reddit that will likely change your opinion, and if you read it you'll find that in fact ToV has been a major pain point.

LOL

This is great. This is like if someone lived in their room 24/7 and only scrolled through Twitter being able to tell you the current political landscape of the USA.

Pretty amazing someone can be this sure of themselves and this ignorant at the same time.

rezzie 04-11-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2891766)
And, just in general, we all really need to get off the personal attacks on fellow posters outside of RnF.

It wasn't an attack directed at you.

I was simply pointing out that your statement - ToV is a huge issue for the support staff - is often parroted on the forums, used to warn/scare new players away from raiding, and imply that ToV squabbles between the toxic, cheating, scummy top tier guilds are a constant time sink on CSR.

My reply was stating the fact that CSR has had close to no involvement in ToV disputes in months, and as far as I'm aware there hasn't been a ToV petition filed for 8 months.

Ask any of the 400ish active raiders on the server if the raid scene is toxic, and I suspect most would say that it wasn't. Just because things aren't always happy families doesn't mean it's the steaming pile of toxicity that is frequently implied by the non-raiding forum warriors of RnF.

loramin 04-11-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rezzie (Post 2891811)
It wasn't an attack directed at you.

You quoted me immediately before your response.

Quote:

I was simply pointing out that your statement - ToV is a huge issue for the support staff - is often parroted on the forums, used to warn/scare new players away from raiding, and imply that ToV squabbles between the toxic, cheating, scummy top tier guilds are a constant time sink on CSR.

I'd really like to see some support for that statement. I'm pretty addicted to this forum, and I've never once seen a single post scaring away new players by suggesting that ToV requires too much staff effort (the raid scene often scares new players, arguably for good reason, but the toll on the staff is virtually never mentioned).

In fact, I haven't really seen "ToV is a huge issue for the support staff" parroted anywhere really. Still, even if it was, it's a true statement.

Quote:

My reply was stating the fact that CSR has had close to no involvement in ToV disputes in months, and as far as I'm aware there hasn't been a ToV petition filed for 8 months.

You're being willfully ignorant here (please note my choice of words: I'm not calling you stupid, I'm saying you're deliberately refusing to expand your knowledge).

You have your own limited perspective. There's also the perspective of a (now former) senior guide posted directly in Reddit. Stop telling me how much you know from your own perspective and go read someone else's (which is more knowledgable than either of our's).

Hotel 04-11-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2891844)
You're being willfully ignorant here (please note my choice of words: I'm not calling you stupid, I'm saying you're refusing to learn more).

Says the guy who spends how many hours engaging in the content he has been campaigning to change?

loramin 04-11-2019 01:53 PM

I've already explained my background (which does include raiding ToV), and my position on your insane idea that only the top-end raiders (which like to think they're the majority but are significantly less than half the server's population) are the only ones allowed to have any say about raiding on this server.

You're just trying to start an RnF fight in the server patch thread, and I won't bite.

Inferus 04-11-2019 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2891844)
In fact, I haven't really seen "ToV is a huge issue for the support staff" parroted anywhere really. Still, even if it was, it's a true statement.

GM involvement in ToV disputes has been near-zero for the past several months. Sirken was heavily involved but since he left, guilds have either policed themselves or worked it out through tells between officers. It was a great system that required no staff involvement whatsoever.

Regardless of the misinformation being thrown around, can anyone explain to me how this new system is going to require less staff involvement? The level of toxicity is only going to rise.

ohsohologramic 04-13-2019 07:57 PM

I'm getting this error when I tried to install the patch notes. Can anyone help me out?

https://imgur.com/a/Db2HuOH

ohsohologramic 04-13-2019 07:59 PM

Issue installing patch

I'm getting the following error when I tried to install the patch. Can anyone help me out?https://imgur.com/a/Db2HuOH

veejur 04-14-2019 04:40 PM

Start a kickstarter to raise funds for running 2 new non PVP servers and advertise it on the front page. I can’t imagine there aren’t enough people to pay for this to happen.