Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Green Beta (/forums/showthread.php?t=336043)

Trollhide 10-12-2019 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia (Post 2982885)
Nah characters leveled during the beta test with a 10x experience modifier will be kept on the server, make sure to get started now or you'll be way behind!!

Obviously not, but it would be cool to have clarification whether the character names will remain in place and just be reset to a fresh character creation, or deleted entirely. They did previously mention something about possibly opening Green early for name reservation.

reznor_ 10-12-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trollhide (Post 2982891)
Obviously not, but it would be cool to have clarification whether the character names will remain in place and just be reset to a fresh character creation, or deleted entirely. They did previously mention something about possibly opening Green early for name reservation.

Not a bad question at all. I would hope that when beta is wiped, the names are available. It would suck to use them in beta and then have them be not available for live green. I made my two.

bthomsen0312 10-12-2019 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bthomsen0312 (Post 2982887)
im not sure that 10x exp is on - took 11 kills to get lvl 2 from lvl 1 which I remember being about normal?

JK - its the exp per mob cap that is effecting it disregard

DromalPhrenia 10-12-2019 09:23 PM

Only info I've seen on names is:
Character Names
You will not be able to create a character on Green with the same name as a character on Blue, unless you are on the same account that owns that character on Blue. We may also bring the server up early to allow character creations ahead of time. We will try to announce this as much in advance as we can.

My suggestion would be to make the character with the name you want on blue, if you want it on green. And I think they plan to delete level 1 characters from that list so don't create Coolguyfourtwenty on blue and not play it at all.

BlackBellamy 10-12-2019 09:28 PM

We need Green Beta forum section pls. Like Velious has.

BarnabusCollins 10-12-2019 09:34 PM

It let me create a dark elf SK, but when I try to create a woodelf druid it says "Disconnected".

Shrubwise 10-12-2019 09:35 PM

Wood elves will not be allowed on green because they are pansies.

BlackBellamy 10-12-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trollhide (Post 2982891)
They did previously mention something about possibly opening Green early for name reservation.

I have accounts A and B. Using account B, I was able to create a character with the same name as a blue character on account A. So the green naming rules as per prior announcement are not in place.

I was also able to create several characters with desirable and common names like Awesome, Love, and Shakira. These names are not available on Blue.

So expect a total wipe. And I guess have fun with beta names, first come first serve!

Nuggie 10-12-2019 10:09 PM

... and Aftershock is this weekend...

Chortles Snort|eS 10-12-2019 10:27 PM

i quit blue today