Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   I really hope this works... (/forums/showthread.php?t=337397)

OldFloridaMan 10-23-2019 03:20 PM

I really hope this works...

Pulled out an old PC, cleaned it up a bit, and am currently installing the game. Played a good bit back in the day (from launch up to, heck, I can't remember), and am feeling a bit nostalgic for the old experience.

Originally played a rogue, but remember the laborious process in getting my hotkeys set up the way I wanted, so I am thinking this time around I'm going to go with cleric. Even though I'm on the east coast of the US (as evidenced by my name), I will generally be playing in the early morning hours on the weekends and early afternoon on weekdays.

Hope to see y'all in game!

Baler 10-24-2019 04:57 AM

Welcome back :)

Be sure to check out the https://wiki.project1999.com
It has a ton of useful information about the server.

Good Luck!

OldFloridaMan 10-24-2019 08:09 AM

Well, I was able to get on blue last night (don’t think I had the right patch files for green) and started playing around a bit. Game is slowly coming back to me - I quickly remembered that I had a binder full of maps back then just to find my way around cities. Other memories are starting to come back as well - trains in Crushbone, camping the diving board, and pulling corpses in Hate after a wipe...

I’m getting really excited! Told my wife about it, but I’m not sure how to take her response: “have fun honey - it’ll give me a good idea how much I’ll enjoy being a widow.” ��

mcoy 10-24-2019 09:54 AM

If your old PC has any screenshots or logfiles from the classic era let the devs know.

-Mcoy

OldFloridaMan 10-24-2019 12:19 PM

The PC I’m using isn’t that old. But that said - I have never disposed of an old computer without pulling the hard drives from it first. Not sure if they’ve been recycled for other uses or not, but I’ll drag out the box and check to see. There is a chance that I still have the hard drive with the files intact.

AgentEpilot 10-24-2019 03:38 PM

Submit any ancient knowledge to the P99 archives, may even wanna send some of the dust they may be able to analyze the cheeto and skin dust for more information to recreate the classic feeling.

Sinistria 10-24-2019 04:21 PM

Welcome to P99.

I am amazed how many seem to start over with green going live.

Looking forward to staturday noon to see you all in Norrath.

soronil 10-24-2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcoy (Post 2997537)
If your old PC has any screenshots or logfiles from the classic era let the devs know.

-Mcoy

he said an old pc, not a 20 year old classic EQ PC!

I think due to a more modern client, and the classic darkness shaders, p99 will not run as well on a 20 year old pc as classic everquest did. i have no experience with it though

whitebandit 10-24-2019 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soronil (Post 2998285)
he said an old pc, not a 20 year old classic EQ PC!

I think due to a more modern client, and the classic darkness shaders, p99 will not run as well on a 20 year old pc as classic everquest did. i have no experience with it though

did you miss this beauty?

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=337491

Gustoo 10-24-2019 07:14 PM

You gotta get your hotkeys set right as a cleric too