Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Project 1999: Teal (/forums/showthread.php?t=339096)

getlostgreg 11-02-2019 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfOfOdin (Post 3011071)
This is a funny chain we got going.

Modern WoW players tell people to go play Fortnite.
Classic WoW players tell people to go play Modern WoW
EQ players tell people to go play WoW

Whats next? Honestly I find the whole thing ridiculous. Its like your saying I have this perfect image of what the game should be, if you don't like it go play somewhere else. There is a pompous air about the statement. Almost as if you and your game with your vision are so 1337 that someone should go play something beneath them. It's an arrogant statement. I've been guilty of doing the same thing.

Why can't we all just enjoy the damn game how it is? So what I didn't get to play EQ until PoP, and even then I didn't play it much. We are all trying to experience the game how it was when it came out. A lot of us for the first time. Statements like you should play WoW only serve to hurt the community. By using that as a defense for criticism, you are setting a divide between new and old players.

Rather than saying just go play a different game, try educating your critics rather than dismissing them. It will make them better players and help close that rift that people like you love opening up because us newbies are just tainting the game for your purists.

Amen to this post.

I love modern WoW. I find it very rewarding to study and then master a new dungeon or raid. I get a totally different reward from EQ TLP and now P99.

It's possible to enjoy all of these things and I don't understand why it makes me lesser in some people's eyes.

pink grapefruit 11-02-2019 06:36 AM

Why is teal not a pvp server?

Meiva 11-02-2019 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pink grapefruit (Post 3011099)
Why is teal not a pvp server?

Because Red and Green make brown. Teal is not brown.

E-Queue 11-02-2019 06:59 AM

This is exciting. Thanks devs!

Vaye 11-02-2019 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natewest1987 (Post 3011047)
Why exactly do you care this much that there are people who want a second server? Like literally how does this effect you?

Like literally how does my opinion on a forum affect you so much you decided to directly confront me about it in a post? That says more about you. They say the things that make you the most mad are the most true, and jeez how clear it is how mad I've made people by sharing my opinion. Yikes. :rolleyes: :eek:

WolfOfOdin 11-02-2019 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaye (Post 3011108)
Like literally how does my opinion on a forum affect you so much you decided to directly confront me about it in a post? That says more about you. They say the things that make you the most mad are the most true, and jeez how clear it is how mad I've made people by sharing my opinion. Yikes. :rolleyes: :eek:

What does this kind of post accomplish? If we spent less time ripping each others throats out, we may actually get the message across. Having a giant pissing match accomplishes nothing.

FroglokIRL 11-02-2019 07:23 AM

I'm transferring. I'm kind of casual and usually solo so a lower population (which is the likely situation on Teal) just means I can camp what I want to in my play windows. Merging back with Green in the future solidifies this for me.

Acidreams 11-02-2019 07:28 AM

This is such a bad idea! You will halve the integrity of the server and everything people are working for right now, causing people to leave. So then you merge the servers once the population dips and all your left with is an artificial increase in items and a pain in the ass.

As many have said this experience is unique to EQ, fighting for resources and using wit to get ahead of the pack. Not only this but we're only in our first few weeks of lauch! 90% of the pop here are casual types like me who will probably never make those higher levels due to other commitments. The neckbeards camping the nice items will be same neckbeards regardless, just now they will have the chance to get 2x as many of said items. Give it time and the pop will reduce anyway and you can keep the integrity of green intact.

Jenasis 11-02-2019 07:37 AM

Thank you!!!

I absolutely love this! Thank you for reconsidering and giving us some relief from the chaos for a while. I truly appreciate this! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
:D

Gustoo 11-02-2019 08:07 AM

Awesome