Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   DKP (/forums/showthread.php?t=244393)

Maschenny 05-31-2016 05:58 PM

DKP

In it's classic form, how many raids are usually needed to accumulate enough points to make a significant purchase? Like a class only weapon... Or a peice of armor. I understand this all depends on the item, but if you all could give me an idea of the commitment needed for certain tiers of items i would appreciate it.

Heebo 05-31-2016 06:14 PM

Yes

Thulack 05-31-2016 06:16 PM

It all depends on how a guilds DKP system works. There are many variations and each guilds needs differ from others. No one could give you a set answer. The hardest part of raiding is usually getting into the guild because most guilds have app periods where they decide if they want you or not. Once your in just dont do anything stupid and raiding is easy aside from the footraces and 2am batphones.

Maschenny 05-31-2016 06:19 PM

I know the question doesnt have an actual answer. Im looking for a ballpark "6 raids till you'd have some spending money."

xKoopa 05-31-2016 06:21 PM

depends on the items..

sk/pally stuff you might get for 1dkp but if you want a rogue item its gonna be a ton of dkp

Thulack 05-31-2016 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maschenny (Post 2287489)
I know the question doesnt have an actual answer. Im looking for a ballpark "6 raids till you'd have some spending money."

Again that ballpark is going to be different. Some guilds reward DKP on time spent raiding. Others give DKP for the target involved. Some do both. The amounts you get are varied. Some guilds have min bids for items some dont. You could need a non popular class item and get it for less then 1 raids worth of DKP or you could need a highly popular class item and it take you 50 raids worth of DKP.

Maschenny 05-31-2016 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thulack (Post 2287495)
Again that ballpark is going to be different. Some guilds reward DKP on time spent raiding. Others give DKP for the target involved. Some do both. The amounts you get are varied. Some guilds have min bids for items some dont. You could need a non popular class item and get it for less then 1 raids worth of DKP or you could need a highly popular class item and it take you 50 raids worth of DKP.

Wow, interesting. So a BiS all/all could be a years worth of raiding. Yikes.

Thulack 05-31-2016 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maschenny (Post 2287497)
Wow, interesting. So a BiS all/all could be a years worth of raiding. Yikes.

It could sure. Depends on guild you join. I know people that saved up DKP for months upon months to get certain items. Really it all comes down to how many times your guild sees said item and whose at the raid at the time that needs that will decide its price. Good example. When i was in Taken we didnt see Necro book that often from Inny in Hate. It went for 100's of DKP everytime it dropped. We ended up having like a 8am Inny raid with low numbers and i won it for 50dkp even though there were still plenty of necros willing to pay 100's for it they werent there.

azeth 05-31-2016 06:50 PM

~10-20 raids will buy you some pieces of ntov loot in <awakened>

Pint 05-31-2016 06:50 PM

months if you want a top tier item, unless you track a lot