Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Grobb Dark one (Shaman Guild) faction (/forums/showthread.php?t=389830)

Bobjenson 08-14-2021 08:05 AM

Grobb Dark one (Shaman Guild) faction

Hi,

I'm an ogre shaman and would like to hunt bashers in grobb but the shaman guild gm by the bank is kos and makes it very hard. Any way to improve faction as an ogre shaman?

tadkins 08-14-2021 04:45 PM

The More Help for Innoruuk quest is the way to go for that particular faction. Just farm up a mass of DF belts and turn them in. As you're KoS though you may need to go acquire a couple Ball of Golem Clay which might fix your initial faction issues long enough to turn them in.

Ooloo 08-14-2021 06:36 PM

Kill actual monsters instead of guards is also an option

Bobjenson 08-14-2021 07:48 PM

Tadkins, thanks! I was curious on how to do the initial hand in. I wonder if wolf form may be an option as well.

Also, I consider them swamp monsters rather than guards

tadkins 08-14-2021 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobjenson (Post 3346699)
I wonder if wolf form may be an option as well.

Couldn't hurt to check. :) My druid is only 30 atm or I'd offer to come bring it to you myself.

greenspectre 08-15-2021 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobjenson (Post 3346699)
Tadkins, thanks! I was curious on how to do the initial hand in. I wonder if wolf form may be an option as well.

Also, I consider them swamp monsters rather than guards

Can confirm Wolf Form doesn't help your faction with the shamans in Grobb. I tried to faction with them as a Barb and they still scowled after wolf form.

I have heard it is possible to do turn ins with a complicated line of Druid Harmony, Invis to get close, open turn in box, get invis'ed again, and then press the turnin button, but it seems a very convoluted way to raise a faction that is minimally useful overall.

tadkins 08-15-2021 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenspectre (Post 3346774)
Can confirm Wolf Form doesn't help your faction with the shamans in Grobb. I tried to faction with them as a Barb and they still scowled after wolf form.

I have heard it is possible to do turn ins with a complicated line of Druid Harmony, Invis to get close, open turn in box, get invis'ed again, and then press the turnin button, but it seems a very convoluted way to raise a faction that is minimally useful overall.

They might react better to a Rallos shaman over a Tribunal shaman. Savage trolls aren't too keen on ideals like honor and justice. :)

But that said, nothing wrong with grinding out any faction you want. I'm working hard and even made a bug post recently regarding the Neriak rogue guild faction on my halfling druid, which can be equally argued as "minimally useful", but some of us enjoy playing the faction game.

cd288 08-15-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooloo (Post 3346682)
Kill actual monsters instead of guards is also an option

Thanks for your totally unhelpful contribution