Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   What are some fun things to do in Velious for a casual? (/forums/showthread.php?t=387522)

JoFo23 07-06-2021 09:53 PM

What are some fun things to do in Velious for a casual?

I'm kind of a noob when it comes to Velious stuff. Back on blue I've killed some giants, killed some geos but that's about it. Never even been west of Skyshrine. My main is a 54 enchanter now on green but I'm working on a monk too, currently 30. I like dungeon crawling, solo or groups, and like holding down cash camps too. Good XP spots would be cool too. I'm down for any suggestions.

So what are some of your favorite parts of Velious? Is it casual friendly? Velks looks cool but intimidating. ToFS doesn't look like my thing. Maybe give Crystal Caverns a try on my monk soon idk. Faction armor any good on either class?

Tethler 07-06-2021 11:51 PM

I did crystal caverns from 30-40 on a monk a few years back. You can sneak to vendor and bank in the dwarf town. It's not a bad spot and usually not many people around to compete with for mobs

greenspectre 07-07-2021 12:44 AM

Faction armor is especially good for monk. Boots click Firefist and wrist summons Shurikens IIRC.

Thrombosis 07-07-2021 05:18 AM

What about the Coldain Shawl quests? I'm super-casual myself but thinking I'll have a go at this over the next few years lol. Remember my mate (druid) back on Live managed to get the seventh shawl.

Jimjam 07-07-2021 05:58 AM

Messing around in tofs might be fun on your enc (I did it in my war on blue at the same level) most if the stuff is out of xp range but it is an interesting zone just to move around through. Make sure you know a cleric who has keys and is good at mobility though - even as a green dungeon it has it’s surprises!

Crystal caverns is a vertical dungeon with similar vibes, but much less punishment. Popular with tradeskill questers as a farm though iirc.

For harder stuff, velks may be worth a few tries or skyshrine. Not tried them on an enc, may take a while to adjust or need a couple more levels but they seem popular for soloing power casters.

JoFo23 07-07-2021 07:10 AM

Never tried the shawl but that looks fun. Never done the ring quests either but it's probably better for monk I spose. Could be fun long term goals.

Vizax_Xaziv 07-10-2021 04:11 PM

You can find pickup groups in Kael for Thrugadin Armor

Nibblewitz 07-10-2021 04:17 PM

Explore the tower of frozen shadows.