Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   do u snitch? (/forums/showthread.php?t=298756)

sereal 05-23-2018 08:42 PM

do u snitch?

What's RnF's opinion on snitching?

Jauna 05-23-2018 08:57 PM

Unless they pay me off, yes.

Vormotus 05-23-2018 09:12 PM

Where I come from snitching is highly dangerous, and usually any money or legal protection you can get is as good as a wet paper bag on a windy day, and not only for you but your loved ones and even far away relatives, where they might end up in the best of cases dead and in the worst tortured for days or severely maimed and then dead.

So not worth it, it is usually a lose/lose situation.

Worst part is that sometimes the people you stniching on tend to end up having family in any branch of local government or close ties to the government itself.

So really, this goes beyond nihilism itself.

Your mileage may vary, but from my experience in the 4 countries I have lived during my life alongside brief visits to other, it always ends up badly for the snitcher.

Even if you manage to make it, have no family or close ties to anyone, your life is turned upside down, due to legal actions or leaked information that might be siphoned off close friends or acquaintances that lead directly to you.

If you become a public figure , trying to expose corruption for example, some countries usually just jail you indefinitely with no trials or sham ones or you end up being investigated for whatever imaginary, made up or real dirt you might have on your past.

Then again you might be wanting to snitch on something more simple, like people cheating at their exams or people building extensions to their houses without proper permits ... the repercussions of that are usually less severe, and even then if it becomes a legal issue, your name will appear on the legal proceedings or someome will simply blurt you out as the originator, earning the enmity of a random entity that might or not behave in irrational ways, so a gamble.

This is of course my view, and it might not be correct partially or fully in your own version of local reality, country and government. :D

sereal 05-23-2018 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vormotus (Post 2712545)
Where I come from snitching is highly dangerous, and usually any money or legal protection you can get is as good as a wet paper bag on a windy day, and not only for you but your loved ones and even far away relatives, where they might end up in the best of cases dead and in the worst tortured for days or severely maimed and then dead.

So not worth it, it is usually a lose/lose situation.

Worst part is that sometimes the people you stniching on tend to end up having family in any branch of local government or close ties to the government itself.

So really, this goes beyond nihilism itself.

Your mileage may vary, but from my experience in the 4 countries I have lived during my life alongside brief visits to other, it always ends up badly for the snitcher.

Even if you manage to make it, have no family or close ties to anyone, your life is turned upside down, due to legal actions or leaked information that might be siphoned off close friends or acquaintances that lead directly to you.

If you become a public figure , trying to expose corruption for example, some countries usually just jail you indefinitely with no trials or sham ones or you end up being investigated for whatever imaginary, made up or real dirt you might have on your past.

Then again you might be wanting to snitch on something more simple, like people cheating at their exams or people building extensions to their houses without proper permits ... the repercussions of that are usually less severe, and even then if it becomes a legal issue, your name will appear on the legal proceedings or someome will simply blurt you out as the originator, earning the enmity of a random entity that might or not behave in irrational ways, so a gamble.

This is of course my view, and it might not be correct partially or fully in your own version of local reality, country and government. :D

I was more speaking about EQ/p99 but I guess this still applies

Canelek 05-23-2018 09:41 PM

Alrighty then OP, speak your mind.

MagpieRockyl 05-23-2018 09:45 PM

I only snitch on immersion ruining names, literally nothing else

indiscriminate_hater 05-23-2018 09:50 PM

all the time

deezy 05-23-2018 10:01 PM

snitches get stitches

Vheran 05-23-2018 10:06 PM

OP plz snatch

Bboboo 05-23-2018 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deezy (Post 2712573)
snitches get stitches