Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Which version of Velketor's Labyrinth will we be getting? (/forums/showthread.php?t=130743)

Dabasher 12-11-2013 07:57 PM

Which version of Velketor's Labyrinth will we be getting?

Many may not remember, but Velks was actually revamped about 6 months after Velious launched. It took me a while to find info on this change, and I started to wonder if I was misremembering. The patch archives on ZAM didn't say a word about it. However, I did manage to find some comments on ZAM about the zone changes, such as follows:

Jun 29 2001. Post titled "Velks upgrade"
"As of the patch on 5/27/01 alot of the loot in Velks was upgraded and some other odd changes in the zone also. As far as I can tell all the armor drops from the k0b0ldz have been boosted, the crappy spider fur collar (random loot) is now AC 10 +7 str +7 svc +7 svm I believe.

The entrance spiders have all been upgraded. However they do not proc poison vellium poison now (this may get fixed later). Kobolds seem to be about the same difficulty as before. Haven't worked our way to the golems to see how tough they are or if the armor drops have been upgraded.

Xp is noticibly better (the entrance spiders are actually great, too bad they are such a pain in the ass to pull).
--
[56 Meatshield] Cornelia <Agony> - Vazaelle"

Jul 09 2001. Post titled "NEW VL"
"OK , here the skinny on NEW VL. the MoBs at zone in are blue to 60 yet really easy to kill. Great XP at lvl 57 i get 1 blue an hour if only group at zone ( 57war, 56 bard , 58 cleric, 57 wiz, 57 druid, 57 chanter ) Go do the Kobolds in huts at top good XP ,( 1/2 to 3/4 blue per hour ) and great money ( average 20 pp per kill )
We think the zone is broke but till VI fixes it this is the zone to be in :)"

Worth noting: the ZAM archives don't reference a patch on 5/27/01 as the above post does. Have had trouble finding a direct mention of the revamp outside of these two posts. I went through some of the bestiary section mobs, but not all (very time consuming). Some random google searches for some form of Velketor's Labyrinth (such as just 'velks') brought me this post from the Druid's Grove, which may or may not be referring to the revamp:

07-05-2001:
"maybe I should try spiders in velks with a ranger friend, or LDCs. I have heard velks in insane now and seb is empty it seems =)

Durinstorm -- 55 druid -- drinal" - http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-2386.html

Anyway, I have no idea what Nilbog has planned as far as Velk's goes. I liked that it eventually became the only real PUG zone for 50+ players in Velious, especially because I personally disliked Karnors/Seb/HS. If anyone else has any memories/evidence of this change I'd appreciate seeing it, or hearing Nilbog's thoughts on this.

Ele 12-11-2013 08:22 PM

If enough information is compiled, hopefully, both versions.

webrunner5 12-12-2013 12:18 AM

Well it looks like this thread will push back the release of Velious 3 months lol. :(

Ele is chomping at the bit. So much for a Christmas Present.

Tasslehofp99 12-12-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webrunner5 (Post 1216840)
Well it looks like this thread will push back the release of Velious 3 months lol. :(

Ele is chomping at the bit. So much for a Christmas Present.

Integrity > early release!

myxomatosii 12-12-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 (Post 1216855)

I say that about my poops.

happyhappy 12-12-2013 01:50 PM

It's not only velks that got revamped, many of the loots in velious were upgraded in that undocumented patch.

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/s...ead.php?t=5821

People seem to forget that Verant had the bad habit of stealth changing stuff, this is a good example of it.

Atmas 12-12-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 (Post 1216855)

Highly debatable statement. I'm not sure integrity is even the appropriate word to use here and early release is kind of thrown out by this point.

I know people strive for classic, but this thread is more depressing than it is exciting. :(

Lisset 12-12-2013 02:37 PM

Depressing why? You'd rather have crap loot?

webrunner5 12-12-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atmas (Post 1217311)
I know people strive for classic, but this thread is more depressing than it is exciting. :(

Having a GOOD poop can be fairly exciting. :D

Quiksilver 12-12-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myxomatosii (Post 1216988)
I say that about my poops.

girlfriend does not like early release :(

just kidding. I don't have a girlfriend :(