Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   New Wiki Feature: Class Filtering of Zone Item Lists (Feedback Requested) (/forums/showthread.php?t=325734)

loramin 05-17-2019 01:51 PM

New Wiki Feature: Class Filtering of Zone Item Lists (Feedback Requested)

Have you ever been invited to a particular zone by friends or guildmates and wondered "what's in that zone for me?" Previously you'd have to look at the item list for that zone on the wiki (which often contains a hundred items or more) and just manually "filter" through all of the items that weren't for your class ... and that could be kind of annoying because some items say "BRD SHM SHD", some say "ALL", and some say "ALL except BRD SHM SHD" ... so you can't even use your browser's "Find" feature to help.

To make things easier I added a quick feature to the wiki to let you filter those tables by class. All such tables should now have a "Filter by Class" link, and when you click this link you'll be prompted to enter your class's three-letter abbreviation (eg. "BRD" for Bard). Once you do that the table will instantly hide all of the rows EXCEPT for rows usable by bards. If you want to restore all of the items, simply click the "Unfilter" link.

For instance, let's say you're a Shadow Knight and you're wondering what the new Chardok 2.0 has to offer you. Just go to http://wiki.project1999.com/Chardok, scroll down to the items table, click the "Filter by Class" link, and type "shd". You'll now see only the Shadow Knight-usable items that drop in Chardok.

As always I'd appreciate any feedback on this feature, especially if anyone sees any weird bugs or side effects (I always try to test to avoid such issues, but sometimes I miss stuff). Thanks.

Tudar 05-17-2019 02:16 PM

as an avid user of the wiki, I commend your efforts and thank you.

mcoy 05-17-2019 03:12 PM

That's actually pretty darn useful - Thanks Loramin!

-Mcoy

renegadeofunk 05-17-2019 05:23 PM

Very nice. The only thing I would fix is that it sends me to the top of the page after hitting OK (in Firefox). Although strangely it doesn't do that if I hit Unfilter.

loramin 05-17-2019 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renegadeofunk (Post 2911539)
Very nice. The only thing I would fix is that it sends me to the top of the page after hitting OK (in Firefox). Although strangely it doesn't do that if I hit Unfilter.

Weird, it doesn't do that in Chrome :mad:

But yeah I can see it in Firefox; I'll get it fixed.

EDIT: I believe I fixed it (it was just a slight timing issue), but let me know if it works on your end.

renegadeofunk 05-17-2019 11:04 PM

Yep that worked, thanks!

Tethler 05-17-2019 11:45 PM

Top-notch wiki-work good sir.

Madbad 05-18-2019 01:01 AM

Nice work dude

Issar 05-18-2019 12:12 PM

Your work is always appreciated. I've been enjoying this feature a ton since you posted it. Thanks for all your work, Loramin!

Wallicker 05-18-2019 01:55 PM

NPC list from Highkeep is missing!! Someone did this so I would stop mirdering guards or as some sick joke I know it!