Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Can someone please start a new pvp server (/forums/showthread.php?t=288158)

Samsonite 01-05-2018 03:14 AM

Can someone please start a new pvp server

Why can't someone just start a new legit pvp server? The community of Dead99 has spoken and we want a wipe but P99 won't wipe it clean so we have to take matters into our own hands now.

Izmael 01-05-2018 03:52 AM

Because it takes years of work by dedicated and talented personnel to construct the database and software needed to run a P99 server.

Baler 01-05-2018 04:01 AM

Wipe it clean 2018!
Bring in a leader board. Wipe red every year

Topdog 01-05-2018 08:22 AM

lets crowdfund a couple of btc and send rogean paying him for the source+database

i can indefinitely host red99 free of charge on powerful equipment and unlimited bandwidth... will give root access to whomever wants to run the show, dmca notices from daybreak llc will be sent directly to the trashcan

Kohedron 01-05-2018 10:48 AM

I actually downloaded all of the stuff from EQEMU to get started, and I was blown away by how easy they made it to start your own server.

Unfortunately my programming expertise is severely lacking in the database department so I gave up on whatever pointless goal I had in mind

Tassador 01-05-2018 10:55 AM

Yeah p99 has the best code and rogainz gets it. Really eq is not for us who want to come in tornado through content while talking shit and killing each other. It's for the blue fucks who sit back and socialize through games like my good pal skarlon. After hanging on for a few years after that awesome classic experience, I came to the realization "why?"

Hope this helps.

silo32 01-05-2018 04:12 PM

Would be nice if mods here started banning and or locking, wipe it clean threads.

No wipe kid, make a char or go play on another premier everquest emu

silo32 01-05-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topdog (Post 2633747)
lets crowdfund a couple of btc and send rogean paying him for the source+database

i can indefinitely host red99 free of charge on powerful equipment and unlimited bandwidth... will give root access to whomever wants to run the show, dmca notices from daybreak llc will be sent directly to the trashcan

would never play on any of your private emu's, ive seen all the trash box's hosted here with so much corruption. Gtfo

HippoNipple 01-05-2018 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silo32 (Post 2633942)
Would be nice if mods here started banning and or locking, wipe it clean threads.

No wipe kid, make a char or go play on another premier everquest emu

Can GMs ban this spaz that cries about every wipe it clean thread?

This forum is dedicated to wiping the server now. If you want to talk about current Red99 go fuck off back to in game /ooc. Can you imagine posting on a forum for a topic you don't even participate in? Pathetic.

AzzarTheGod 01-05-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silo32 (Post 2633943)
would never play on any of your private emu's, ive seen all the trash box's hosted here with so much corruption. Gtfo

other boxes are so corrupt.

speaking of DBs I know Salty has the VZTZ DB.

however since P99 the VZTZ DB isn't really all that. There were several failed attempts to run a box based off the VZTZ DB that went nowhere.

No idea why you all play the corrupt Zek DB but shunned the VZTZ DB servers.