Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Please just remove boats and put ports in [Blue AND Red] (/forums/showthread.php?t=165454)

Recycleb1n 09-16-2014 08:08 PM

Please just remove boats and put ports in [Blue AND Red]

Please.

30~ min wait for a boat is insane. Then the ride itself is another 15~ I've done the boat trips several times on both severs and in terms of just sitting around doing nothing I could log easily 4~ hours.

"But but...MAH CLASSIC"

It will hardly kill the market for ports -

Blue - Every druid/wiz is 99% of the time AFK at East Commons or simply will flat out refuse to respond.
Red - Server population simply too low and what Druids/Wizards are available may not want to even port anyone due to fear of being PKed at Rings.

Please just put ports in. The time I could spend getting to the other side of the world and exping and playing the game would skyrocket and it'd prevent me from logging off due to frustration of waiting around mindlessly. Please in the interest of self-sufficiency.

Blue is absolutely lethargic to grouping at times as well and finding a group is insane so you are forced to solo at times as well. God Forbid you are the same class as someone else in a zone thats in a group.

I understand you want to keep things a certain way for your no lifer poop sock raiders and hardcores, but come the f on. Ports at Boat Locations is ALL I ask for.

Somekid123 09-16-2014 08:09 PM

Nope, not happening.

khanable 09-16-2014 08:13 PM

NOT CLASSIC

I didn't read the OP

rictus204 09-16-2014 08:17 PM

http://torbid.tljhome.com/everquest/eq021.jpg

Recycleb1n 09-16-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somekid123 (Post 1616557)
Nope, not happening.

Thanks for your compelling argument.

loramin 09-16-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recycleb1n (Post 1616554)
I understand you want to keep things a certain way for your no lifer poop sock raiders and hardcores, but come the f on. Ports at Boat Locations is ALL I ask for.

You sir are on the wrong server. This is the server for people who want to play classic Everquest, or at least mostly classic Everquest. In other words, this server will add levitation to make the non-functional boats function, but it will not convert them in to giant pandas, or ports, or anything else un-classic.

If you don't like that the correct response is not to beg here, but to go find another server you'll be happier on.

Recycleb1n 09-16-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanable (Post 1616560)
NOT CLASSIC

I didn't read the OP

The server population isn't classic.

Thanks for your compelling argument.

khanable 09-16-2014 08:20 PM

You're welcome

Recycleb1n 09-16-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 1616566)
You sir are on the wrong server. This is the server for people who want to play classic Everquest, or at least mostly classic Everquest. In other words, this server will add levitation to make the non-functional boats function, but it will not convert them in to giant pandas, or ports, or anything else un-classic.

If you don't like that the correct response is not to beg here, but to go find another server you'll be happier on.

Why do I remember ports between boat locations then. :confused:

Thanks for providing a compelling argument with zero substance.

loramin 09-16-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recycleb1n (Post 1616569)
Why do I remember ports between boat locations then. :confused:

Thanks for providing a compelling argument with zero substance.

Because you did not play in the classic era? Look man-child, you can dispute what people tell you all you want, it's not going to do you any good. Go away, no one wants you here, and clearly you don't want to be here either. Or at least you won't want to once you wrap your head around what this server is.