Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Green Lifespan? (/forums/showthread.php?t=381194)

Zalora 03-26-2021 06:43 PM

Green Lifespan?

I'm thinking about getting back into P99 again but it seem as though Green has already been around for like a year and a half. From what I understand, eventually Green will be wiped and have all content dumped into Blue.

If that is true, is Green worth starting out on at this point? I'd hate to put all that work into a character just to have to start over again in 6-12 months. Playing on Blue is certainly out of the question. :D

How much time do you think current Green has left in it?

Vizax_Xaziv 03-26-2021 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalora (Post 3279498)
I'm thinking about getting back into P99 again but it seem as though Green has already been around for like a year and a half. From what I understand, eventually Green will be wiped and have all content dumped into Blue.

If that is true, is Green worth starting out on at this point? I'd hate to put all that work into a character just to have to start over again in 6-12 months. Playing on Blue is certainly out of the question. :D

How much time do you think current Green has left in it?

Velious COULD launch as early as end-July and I would assume at least a year (probably two or more) before merge.

So I'd say a solid 18-24 months.

RecondoJoe 03-27-2021 12:57 AM

TBH how sick would it be if they re-opened Teal, still in it's classic state.

DMN 03-27-2021 12:59 AM

Green's life force is running out!
Elf lawyer shot the food!

Bbbeee 03-28-2021 09:25 AM

What would be great is if a new server launched at the same time as Velious or possibly around the time that Luclin would have launched in the timeline.

The players and guilds could decide... continue on in Green for Velious accomplishments or push for that YT on a brand new server.

I think part of EQ that's missing on Green is the fact that on live, the top guilds always had somewhere new to go with expansions coming out, but once we get time locked in Velious the ceiling stops rising.

A new server would serve as an expansion of sorts, thinning out the population at the top therby allowing some players a chance at experiencing new content without impacting anyone

eqravenprince 03-28-2021 05:07 PM

I will just start back on green once it reopens as classic again.

Master Roshi 03-28-2021 06:29 PM

how is the merge gonna work if you already have 8 blue toons on your account?

Fammaden 03-28-2021 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Roshi (Post 3280211)

Unless something changes you'll have to delete toons to get your merged ones to show up. That's how it worked in the teal merger, which is the best evidence we have to go by at the moment.

So if you put all your green dudes on the same account as your blue dudes, you done fucked up. Many hardcore p99 people know its best to have many accounts and not stack toons on a single one, even for the same server. But many of us make the mistake of only using one account without realizing. At this point all you can do is stop making new guys on green or blue on that account and hope that by the time the merge actually happens they have come up with some other method to allow you access to more characters.

Videri 03-28-2021 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Roshi (Post 3280211)

All of the characters will be alphabetized. The first 8 will be visible. To see the ninth and beyond, you would have to delete one or more of the first 8.

It is recommended to make all alts on a fresh new loginserver account. This can be found at the Home menu button.

Shadewe 03-30-2021 06:43 AM

I admit I didn't know this (my fault), and it's very disappointing. I didn't start green to play in blue, I started green to play in green.

I just hope there is still grouping in blue if/when I get there/the merge happens.