Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Neriak quests (/forums/showthread.php?t=335090)

mjrau 10-01-2019 08:17 AM

Neriak quests

Anyone know any good newbie Neriak quests? The wiki is... somewhat unreliable and I'm planning for green this month :)

Deathrydar 10-01-2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjrau (Post 2973076)
Anyone know any good newbie Neriak quests? The wiki is... somewhat unreliable and I'm planning for green this month :)

If you are asking for green, you shouldn't even be looking at the wiki, in all honesty. Most of those quests will not be in at launch.

I am not certain which quests will be in, and which quests won't be. In fact, no one knows right now. I do know that they are releasing green according to the real life timeline and in that real life timeline, a lot of the quests were not implemented on launch day, they came a bit later.

loramin 10-01-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathrydar (Post 2973103)
If you are asking for green, you shouldn't even be looking at the wiki, in all honesty. Most of those quests will not be in at launch.

I am not certain which quests will be in, and which quests won't be. In fact, no one knows right now. I do know that they are releasing green according to the real life timeline and in that real life timeline, a lot of the quests were not implemented on launch day, they came a bit later.

You can mostly go by eras.

A lot (but not all) wiki content is marked with eras, and stuff with the green "Classic" era marking is likely to be there at the start on Green. But, even that's not guaranteed: there were sub-eras to the classic era, where stuff like the Temple of Solusek Ro was added later on, and the wiki doesn't yet have those.

As for Neriak, the wiki has a link for a Neriak starting guide: http://wiki.project1999.com/Player_Guides ... but unfortunately no one has made one yet :( Any Dark Elf players want to step up?

Jimjam 10-01-2019 10:50 AM

Ring of the dead is the quest to quest iirc.

soronil 10-01-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathrydar (Post 2973103)

What's your basis? Sure we know that mail quests won't be in, but I assume most of the bat wing / bone chip / take this here / there quests are in at launch. Or, at the very least, I suspect that they did not research each one of them to find when it was added and add the appropriate tags.

Don't forget, each quest that is tagged with a certain date is a manual thing that requires research and work, the default would be that the quest is in at launch.

Benanov 10-01-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjrau (Post 2973076)

Perhaps you should write the Neriak guide? You'll discover a lot of quests and learn the city well.

Deathrydar 10-01-2019 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soronil (Post 2973197)
What's your basis? Sure we know that mail quests won't be in, but I assume most of the bat wing / bone chip / take this here / there quests are in at launch. Or, at the very least, I suspect that they did not research each one of them to find when it was added and add the appropriate tags.

Don't forget, each quest that is tagged with a certain date is a manual thing that requires research and work, the default would be that the quest is in at launch.

I simply said that we don't know for sure.

loramin 10-01-2019 11:17 AM

One more point about the wiki: yes it's incomplete (as the wiki often is when it comes to stuff that hasn't been going on for half a decade ;))

However, do keep in mind that it will likely get A LOT more accurate VERY QUICKLY once Green is out. Bob is going to try to do quest #456, which isn't in the game yet, and he'll see it's not there. He won't edit the wiki, but then Fred will do the same, and he will add a note saying it's not in Green. Then Ted will come along, go look at http://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes, and add an era marking to indicate that the quest #456 comes out in the Plane of Sky era (or whenever).

I honestly expect that little scenario to play out in some form or another on every popular quest, in the first month of Green ... if not the first week.

There are wiki-lovers like me who improve the wiki whenever, and then there are people who are too busy doing stuff for that ... but when the wiki gets in the way of their doing stuff, they'll take a moment to update it. Because of that, I think we can expect the wiki to improve very quickly once Green is released.

Madbad 10-01-2019 11:52 AM

I love starting in Nektulos and the wiki gives it a bad wrap

Baler 10-01-2019 01:30 PM

this is the first one that came to mind
https://wiki.project1999.com/Bottle_of_Red_Wine