Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   All of the Coldain Rings: Random accomplishment and Ring 7 MQ giveaway plus more! (/forums/showthread.php?t=370308)

remen 10-27-2020 02:42 AM

All of the Coldain Rings: Random accomplishment and Ring 7 MQ giveaway plus more!

I'm not sure exactly why, but a while back after getting ring 10 and ring 9 on my monk, I thought it would be a fun idea to make a goal of obtaining all of the coldain rings on one toon at the same time, and I recently finished it when I acquired a final ring 1. Here's my screenshot of all the rings together! https://imgur.com/a/qFEPeXH

To celebrate, I am going to host a little event where there will be a /random for a prize of a free ring 7 MQ. Additionally, there will be another mini event where there will be a /random for a prize of 5k plat. Lastly, there is gonna be a short footrace where 2500p is awarded to the winner. The whole thing shouldn't take more than about 30 minutes, and I hope it will be a fun experience to whoever would like to show up and participate!

Where / When: This Thursday night (10/29) at 9pm eastern we will meet at the dwarf huts in Eastern Wastes where Garadain and company reside. The only restriction is that you must be level 30+ to participate; I'd prefer for the ring 7 to go to a toon that has had some effort put into it already.

At a time where our server has a lot of divisiveness, I hope this will be a fun little event for everyone who shows up; and if you have any questions or comments please don't hesitate to reply here or PM me!

Evia 10-27-2020 01:54 PM

Really cool!! I have my sons football practice at the exact time this is going on or I would come! Neat to see all these player ran events! Giving me the classic nostalgia feels.

remen 10-28-2020 12:21 AM

Bumping this thread so hopefully more people can see this and want to participate! The whole thing should be like a half hour at the most =)

remen 10-29-2020 12:56 AM

Bump, happening tomorrow!

voydent 10-29-2020 02:22 AM

thanks for organising this man. going to join for sure :D

remen 10-29-2020 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voydent (Post 3200924)
thanks for organising this man. going to join for sure :D

glad to hear it, the more the merrier!

remen 10-29-2020 06:09 PM

Bump, taking place in a few hours =)

Baler 10-29-2020 07:04 PM

Sounds like a great 30 minutes! best of luck to everyone who shows up!

Get some screenshots or video for the forums! :)

remen 10-29-2020 10:02 PM

Ah shoot I didn't think to take screenshots or fraps, perhaps someone else did. Here is a little rundown of the event however...First we stormed the Ry'gorr fort and on behalf of our dwarven friends we took out the wretched Chief Ry'gorr and all of his minions there, and rolled for the 5k bounty on his head!

Then we had a little foot race back to the the dwarf huts where the winner was to be whomever hailed Garadain Glacierbane first. A clever bard got a nice pretarget on him for the first hail, while a big bear shaman was the first to run into the huts, so we decided on awarding them each with a win, 2500p each!

Lastly, for the grand prize of a ring 7 MQ, the Dain decreed that those present test their luck on a /random 10000, which Patriq won with a roll of over 9900! We just finished completing the ring 7 mq for him, so now he is the brand new owner of an Adamantium Coldain Insignia Ring, his first one on any of his toons!!

Thanks to everyone who showed up and helped make it a fun and successful little event. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and congrats again to the winners =)

Saisu 10-29-2020 10:03 PM

Thanks for putting on a short-and-sweet event!
Was great to charge headlong into the orc fort and kick some butt alongside a pack of adventurers.