Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Can anything be done.. (/forums/showthread.php?t=307225)

poofph 09-18-2018 10:21 AM

Can anything be done..

Yes I am aware that I am the idiot for trying to transfer an item from one character to another by placing it on the ground.. but I did it. I placed my Guantlets of Fiery Might on the ground, sat on the bag on the ground and logged out, immediately logged back in and they were gone, only person there was Cained who was eager to "help" me find them. Of course they were not there. After a few minutes I logged out suspecting him to be the person who may of taken them and logged another character on, went to Cained and inspected him, all his gear is bad except, you guessed it.. Gauntlets of Fiery Might he is wearing.. He claims some person ran into highhold and told his group to random and he won them.. maybe true, maybe not, but the evidence shows otherwise imo.

Anything can be done to see if those are in fact my gloves? Even if they are can anything be done?

I already know I am going to get tons of replies that I am the idiot, i deserve it yada yada.. I get it, was not a smart idea, your wisdom has been noted.

Sizar 09-18-2018 10:24 AM

I've grouped with Cained a few times. Seemed like a pretty chill dude. If he did indeed do this that would be disappointing. Ya bad decision but I feel for ya

d3r14k 09-18-2018 10:25 AM

I have an open petition for this same thing except my items rotted when I disconnected logging back in. There are drop logs GMs can look at, but as far as a petition goes, mine has been sitting in the queue for 2 or 3 weeks so I can't really give any insight to how it is handled.

Get your friends to xfer for you. I have trusted the ground many times, but it only takes one time for it to bite you.

poofph 09-18-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sizar (Post 2776360)
I've grouped with Cained a few times. Seemed like a pretty chill dude. If he did indeed do this that would be disappointing. Ya bad decision but I feel for ya

yeah, he swore up and down he did not take them.. he was trying to act very cool.. and even said he was streaming on twitch while this was going and everyone watching was laughing at me, of course I search all of twitch for everquest and p99 streams, there were 4, none of which were him.. so there is that too.

poofph 09-18-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3r14k (Post 2776362)
I have an open petition for this same thing except my items rotted when I disconnected logging back in. There are drop logs GMs can look at, but as far as a petition goes, mine has been sitting in the queue for 2 or 3 weeks so I can't really give any insight to how it is handled.

Get your friends to xfer for you. I have trusted the ground many times, but it only takes one time for it to bite you.

Petition in game or on forums? I did one in game but not sure if that one works?
This is the first time I have transferred on the ground, I am guessing the last too lol.

ScaringChildren 09-18-2018 10:28 AM

Doubt you'll get much help, man.

For future reference, if you can't find guildies to help transfer for you, plenty of Dial a Port members will do it. Just tip for their services.

Also, that guy totally took your stuff.

Maybe justice lies in making a Rants and Flames post about him...it'll at least be therapeutic.

poofph 09-18-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScaringChildren (Post 2776367)
Doubt you'll get much help, man.

For future reference, if you can't find guildies to help transfer for you. Plenty of Dial a Port members will do it. Just tip for their services.

Also, that guy totally took your stuff.

Maybe justice lies in making a Rants and Flames post about him...it'll at least be therapeutic.

lol yeah, I am pretty confident he took them, lesson learned I guess.. sigh.. those gloves were over 3k.. that stings so much lol.

Baylan295 09-18-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3r14k (Post 2776362)

I had an accidental drop and loss (my client froze) get queue up for a Guide with drop log powers to take a look at it yesterday after sitting for 2-3 weeks, so have no fear, it just takes time.

d3r14k 09-18-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poofph (Post 2776365)
Petition in game or on forums? I did one in game but not sure if that one works

I did both. Originally in game and then directed to make a forum petition in the appropriate section.

poofph 09-18-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3r14k (Post 2776370)
I did both. Originally in game and then directed to make a forum petition in the appropriate section.

okay, I will put one on the forums also.. how do you do a guide petition in game? is that live help?