Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Paladin Races (/forums/showthread.php?t=343107)

Mankong 12-01-2019 02:26 PM

Paladin Races

Let's talk Holy Warriors!

Are you a handlebar mustache warrior of LIGHT, or are you a half elf trying to make the world more peaceful than it is? Are you a Warden of Love? A dwarf who likes jumping? Or are you an elf of Light? A Guardian of the sea?

Tell me about your experiences! What you find the most fun thing flavorwise or statwise about your race/religion? :D

Dreenk317 12-01-2019 02:37 PM

The most fun thing about my race is...... Winning!

But no, I think dwarf paladins are the coolest from an RP point of view. Dwarfs and hard core, do gooder religions, just seem kind of contradictory to me,si see dwarfs as a much more, um.... less-civil society, more of a drinking and brawling and mining, blue collar crowd. So I think that's cool.

bwe 12-01-2019 02:51 PM

Halfling

Ahris 12-01-2019 03:00 PM

I play a human paladin of love (Errollisi) because i love the dark nights and i love to hate evil. ;) I like to play less common characters (It's my first human character).
On blue i played an erudite paladin but remembering just how tough it was before kunark i decided that i didn't want to be a masochist again. Anyone playing erudite paladins on green has my respect. :)

I've played paladins of most races through the years, including gnome but so far i think human is probably the best race for the job assuming you don't have a problem with the dark nights. Having Errollisi as your deity gives you some unexpected faction advantages, while she has more enemies than Mithaniel she also has way more allied gods so you're well liked in unexpected places. :)

I tend to play the faction game a lot, love playing paladins in general and i like to crack deity based jokes so i have a lot of fun. :)

Mankong 12-01-2019 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahris (Post 3040868)
I've played paladins of most races through the years, including gnome but so far i think human is probably the best race for the job assuming you don't have a problem with the dark nights. Having Errollisi as your deity gives you some unexpected faction advantages, while she has more enemies than Mithaniel she also has way more allied gods so you're well liked in unexpected places. :)

Oh, This piqued my interest. What unexpected places ;o

Ahris 12-01-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mankong (Post 3040887)
Oh, This piqued my interest. What unexpected places ;o

It's not as dramatic as it sounds and if i had specific examples i wouldn't have used that expression. :)
Some factions that should love me unexpectedly does not though, like the Sisters of Errolisi. :)

Expediency 12-01-2019 04:45 PM

Erudite paladin wins fashionquest, Prexus wins dietyquest

Vormotus 12-01-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Expediency (Post 3040949)
Erudite paladin wins fashionquest, Prexus wins dietyquest

Thank goodness we do not have teapot helms here in P99 else your statement would be invalid :D
https://i.imgur.com/meftV0q.gif

Mankong 12-01-2019 08:09 PM

My paladin is an Erudite. I just like the feel of the choice, ntm Prexus is cool.