Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Ive been considering trying red server (/forums/showthread.php?t=359866)

Cen 05-25-2020 11:21 PM

Ive been considering trying red server

I been thinking of a SK, monk or a shaman maybe, which I know are probably populous classes.

Is there like a PvP server tier list of classes? :p

ylarik24 05-26-2020 01:37 AM

make a monk or shaman and OOC for buffs people have been helping a lot of the guys coming from green.

Baler 05-26-2020 03:53 AM

It's always a good time to Consider Red!

Cen you can get decent milage out of a shaman, ability to buff/heal/sow/dd/dot... In pvp people use cure poison pots though so your poison dots get removed real fast.

Monk has mend which can be useful, FD wont save you.
SK has harm touch which can be useful, FD wont save you.

Larken 05-26-2020 04:49 AM

I would advise going for some class that can solo well as first choice.

I started out on red as a monk and while it was fun, you're probably better off with a more independent class to start with since you'll be soloing quite a bit.

P.S. Just ask for groups in OOC or join Sanctuary guild. It's amazing how easy it is to form a group when you ask, even with as little as 15 players online off peak. Mostly because everyone has several characters in various level ranges due to fast exp.
So if you're proactive you can easily start groups , is my experience.

leFuZz 05-26-2020 09:41 AM

I recently came back after a hiatus, and it's fun. I definitely recommend a class that can bind/gate as a first character. Sometimes finding a bind is tedious, especially if you're on at odd hours.

OOC is global, so you can always be looking for groups/buffs/whatever. Look for someone from Sanctuary; they're a nice group of folks.

I'll be on later. You can look for Kyrq for some help if you'd like. I may be able to do a little PLing if you'd like as well.

Jimjam 05-26-2020 09:53 AM

I'll be honest, red is a pve server with pvp enabled. It's not a server where pvp frequently happens or is particularly incentivised.

magnetaress 05-26-2020 10:26 AM

Your decent into madness, rage, and psychosis is almost complete my son. Let the thirst for death and chaos course through you and into the world. Go forth child. Fuel your hatred.

Also red 1.0 is dead. You probably need to find another server to kill, unless you just want live in a corpse.

Tassador 05-26-2020 10:40 AM

If you want to relive a somewhat classic experience with nice mechanics and original game play red nice experience. The server is just way past it’s prime. I still bet playing here by yourself is 5,000 times better than that other server the one with no journey, 3box, and the same cats that have played EQ for like 11 years straight now. Shit anything has to be better than that other server.

magnetaress 05-26-2020 10:42 AM

Dude the 3 people on red99 have been doing it for 11 years they just have not been able to stop clutching their pearls.

Rest in peace, if you can brothers.

God bless.

Bigsham 05-26-2020 12:11 PM

You can pvp on any class

Just take everything you think you know about EQ And throw it out the window. Ive seen blue players that thought they were good get shit on so bad on red was amazing.