Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ice Giants camp (/forums/showthread.php?t=400409)

adm5893 03-13-2022 04:05 PM

Ice Giants camp

There are three Ice Giants in Everfrost Peaks zone. One towards the back near the entrance of Permafrost Zone entrance and two further to the west; one in the north tower and one in the south tower.

Is there two "camps" one for the "Back" near Permafrost and the other for the "Front" for the two towers?

Or is there a total of three camps due to the area being considered outdoors.

loramin 03-13-2022 04:08 PM

There's player convention, and then there's server-mandated rule. Typically players treat all the giants, or at least the front two, as a single camp.

However, as an outdoor zone technically each player can only claim a single giant spawn ... IF there are three players all wanting to do ice giants at once.

See https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=325349

Quote:

Open Outdoor Zones can be anything from Western Wastes, Karanas or West Commons. There are no staff recognized camps for this zone type outside of single spawn points. Examples of single spawn types might be Ocean of Tears Ancient Cyclops, Iceclad Ocean Stormfeather, or Qeynos Hills Hadden. Though, any single spawn point can be claimed, that is the only spawn you can hunt (if being contested). If you are to claim this point you must get aggro/First to Encounter (FTE) within a reasonable amount of time.

Jimjam 03-13-2022 04:44 PM

Almost any time I pass the giants they are being shared by 2 or more players. I assume soloing, but perhaps in a group with each player tending a spawn of their own.

starkind 03-13-2022 08:23 PM

Ya ppl do them for static afk pp. So they usually don't fight.

Red99 is where to go if you want all three.

renegadeofunk 03-13-2022 10:33 PM

I've noticed it's pretty rare that someone throws the book at me and demands to split the front giants, but it does happen once in a while. Like Loramin said they're technically separate camps.

cd288 03-13-2022 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3434658)
Almost any time I pass the giants they are being shared by 2 or more players. I assume soloing, but perhaps in a group with each player tending a spawn of their own.

Yeah I agree almost never seen one person monopolizing all the giants. I feel like it’s pretty much convention that they are multiple camps

Maliant 03-13-2022 11:30 PM

Leveled my mage from 45-55 on IG camp. Such an awesome camp to simultaneously level a COTH mage while farming a shit ton of wort pots for your primary raider.

It’s a gentleman’s agreement, like most camps in EverQuest should be. When I was level 45 I could hardly do the one back giant. By the time I was level 52 or so I could pretty easily keep all three down but if someone ever showed up they’d always take the back one and I would message them when I was leaving and ask if they’d like the fronts.

In all that time I only had one bad experience where someone just blatantly attempted to steal the giants I was camping and a GM had to intervene. If someone really wants to lawyer quest they can claim one of the front giants as a camp and that is their right per server rules.

Arvan 03-13-2022 11:33 PM

On live i remember having a great time there sometimes even forming 2-3 man groups to down them. On p99 though it was polar opposite :( i had someone throw quite the tantrum in 2014 or so cause they were killing all 3 and didn’t want to share. It was slightly funny at least.

Dulian 03-15-2022 11:15 PM

I specifically spoke with a GM about this issue. I had the front two giants, and a mage rolled up and told me to pick one since he was taking the other. He certainly could have handled it better, but I reached out to a GM who informed me that each Ice Giant in Everfrost is a single camp.

adm5893 03-19-2022 09:59 AM

Thank you all for your feedback.