Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   World Challenge Event Feedback (/forums/showthread.php?t=416376)

Morgrom 03-11-2023 12:43 PM

World Challenge Event Feedback

Many thanks to all the players that took part in the Blue/Green World Challenge event. A big and hearty congratulations to all the winners as well!

As staff, we want your feedback on the event. Did you love it? Did you hate it? Was it too easy? Was it too hard? Do you want more events in the future? What went right? What went wrong? And any other questions/thoughts/ideas that come to mind. This is not a place to complain about guilds not participating/helping.

We're not going to guarantee to use any ideas you may post, but please don't hesitate. We're a small crew coming up with ideas, but we do have other fun events planned for the future!

See you in Norrath!!

Guide Morgrom

Naethyn 03-11-2023 01:03 PM

Super fun and challenging. I heard a ton of people in chat super happy with this.

Spreading everyone out across multiple zones was a great idea. It would be interesting to know if desyncs are a result of server side limits being reached or if the client just cannot support that many people.

Ennewi 03-11-2023 01:26 PM

Lots of people I spoke with were having fun. It was a nice change of pace to have to suddenly prioritize old world targets that would otherwise have been killed last, as an afterthought, such as ragefire, in order to qualify for certain milestones. More than a few people commented on wanting riddles/hints added, possibly in tandem with the hidden targets.

Quote:

When a milestone is met, one representative from each participating guild in that milestone category will gather at WC Wizards spires.
One suggestion that I heard a few other players have and had myself: Consider having representatives meet in a location more remote to avoid confusion/interference.

Another helpful addition would be to add yellow text messages a few times throughout the night to inform players who log on unaware.

Personally, I like the idea of GMs spawning extra mobs into a fight when it appears everything is going predictably, as planned, with a possible reward on one of the spawned mobs. Have had situations in zones like CoM where mobs glitch out after being trained and path throw the wall at arena, aggroing onto my group; having to CC on the fly and coordinate with other party members added another layer of challenge, requiring us to stay on our guard throughout the night. It almost felt like the mobs were spawning on top of us at the worst possible moments. Really made for more memorable moments. If this could be done in a raid setting, might be a fun way for staff to act as dungeon master once in a while.

Nexii 03-11-2023 02:00 PM

Maybe allow all guilds to agree to do ring war as a server event that doesn't count as a FTE lockout. It would alleviate some of the ToV crowding

Woodark 03-11-2023 02:46 PM

Awesome that you are doing events and taking feedback.

This seemed more like a raid guild event (and not a 'world' event). Would love to see content that everyone can participate in.

Shadowbud 03-11-2023 03:11 PM

The challenges are nice, I would say it might be nice to do one after a draft instead of before. Do it during peak times where most folks can attend. We had a large part of our force unable to attend do to EU timezone.

Possibly also have raid encounters spawn without loot to expediate it. or only pop the zones that are part of the event

Menden 03-11-2023 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodark (Post 3587418)
Awesome that you are doing events and taking feedback.

This seemed more like a raid guild event (and not a 'world' event). Would love to see content that everyone can participate in.

We'd love to do more Average Joe events, but with our current tools it's hard make happen. If you have any ideas, we're open to listening. Tell us what's fun.

Wiltan 03-12-2023 03:14 AM

We had a blast and look forward to the next one. Thanks for making this happen!

Shadowbud 03-12-2023 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menden (Post 3587586)
We'd love to do more Average Joe events, but with our current tools it's hard make happen. If you have any ideas, we're open to listening. Tell us what's fun.

In p99 general I suggested an easter egg hunt of sorts. Can possibly put an item on several random NPCs throughout the game and have people just go lay waste to everything.

Someone suggested a fish in qeynos.

A trash mob in NToV?

Dire wolf in ice clad?

Have it as a golden ticket item that can be turned in for a reward.

Can add a random to it. Depending on roll yields whatever gift.

Shadowbud 03-12-2023 03:21 AM

Suggested today in P99 blue general possibly have a draft event where each entity gets opportunity to kill all raid content.

Call it a rolling draft?

2 days for each entity to clear ToV, 1 day for kunark bosses, 1 day for planar bosses etc. Would take coordination and possibly team ups for certain encounters.