Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Guild Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   DKP question (/forums/showthread.php?t=390171)

Polixa 08-20-2021 10:24 AM

DKP question

Do any guilds allow members to purchase DKP either by donating items or with platinum?

If so, how would you handle that?

Allishia 08-20-2021 04:53 PM

I can't remember guild name but there is one that bids in platinum instead of dkp.

Far as I know though no guilds let you "buy" dkp. I know some offer like other ways to earn besides raiding. Like leveling bots etc.

Twochain 08-20-2021 05:04 PM

What item were you looking for? It would be way, WAY easier to just try and buy the loot rights for an item from a guild vs trying to join a guild and trade platinum and items for DKP.

DeathsSilkyMist 08-22-2021 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twochain (Post 3349381)
What item were you looking for? It would be way, WAY easier to just try and buy the loot rights for an item from a guild vs trying to join a guild and trade platinum and items for DKP.

Yup, buying loot rights is a good way to go, unless it is a godly item, like Vulak loot. Never going to see an Abashi's sold for plat hehe. Maybe once a year if the guild is doing a crazy event, but I think a lot of the hardcore members would get pissed, and rightfully so.

The whole point of DKP is it is earned exclusively by helping the guild. Farming plat isn't really something that would directly help the guild, except for guild funds. It wouldn't really be fair to have someone farming hill giants all day and then grabbing an abashi's with 0 raid time. You can't kill dragons when everybody is solo plat farming for DKP.