Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   PvP Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Game Mechanics: Arrow Line of Sight Bug (/forums/showthread.php?t=211541)

Edgat 09-19-2015 09:10 AM

Arrow Line of Sight Bug
 
Arrows are not hitting targets (no miss or hit message) when out over open waters. This is not I am over the water, they are under it so the line of sight is blocking shots. This is we are both 100' over the water or running on islands in iceclad and arrows never hit. I can even proc windstriker, but never get a hit or miss message. The bug should be easy to replicate as it has happened to me atleast 3 or 4 times in as many days in iceclad, cobalt scar, etc. Iceclad seems to have it the worst, but I got the bug this morning in cobalt scar fighting Bokke and had to bring the fight up to the clifftops from 100' in the air over open waters because I couldn't hit him

yikes 09-21-2015 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgat (Post 2050947)
Arrows are not hitting targets (no miss or hit message) when out over open waters. This is not I am over the water, they are under it so the line of sight is blocking shots. This is we are both 100' over the water or running on islands in iceclad and arrows never hit. I can even proc windstriker, but never get a hit or miss message. The bug should be easy to replicate as it has happened to me atleast 3 or 4 times in as many days in iceclad, cobalt scar, etc. Iceclad seems to have it the worst, but I got the bug this morning in cobalt scar fighting Bokke and had to bring the fight up to the clifftops from 100' in the air over open waters because I couldn't hit him

Can confirm this as well. Windstriker procs but arrows never land if the targets feet are above water. Literally following someone across Iceclad and not 1 arrow landed

mischief419 09-21-2015 04:41 AM

Semi-related , oor pc's can block arrows too - not sure if intended or not

Masaka 09-21-2015 02:03 PM

Lets talk about Rangers. Arrows that disappear into the nothing if the target is levitating above water. Ever try shooting a PC target that has => 1000 AC with max Dex and still only doing ~15dmg consistently or missing 4 out of 5 with a 45 DMG bow? How about tracking another player? Obviously fixes aren't always easy but it seems like the ranger class is the most ignored of all classes and even more so when it comes to ranger pvp mechanics. Bow damage tables aren't even remotely close to classic in pve or pvp. AC/mitigation formulas vs ranged weapons need a complete rework imo.

yikes 09-21-2015 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masaka (Post 2052879)
Lets talk about Rangers. Arrows that disappear into the nothing if the target is levitating above water. Ever try shooting a PC target that has => 1000 AC with max Dex and still only doing ~15dmg consistently or missing 4 out of 5 with a 45 DMG bow? How about tracking another player? Obviously fixes aren't always easy but it seems like the ranger class is the most ignored of all classes and even more so when it comes to ranger pvp mechanics. Bow damage tables aren't even remotely close to classic in pve or pvp. AC/mitigation formulas vs ranged weapons need a complete rework imo.

dad?

Feanol 09-21-2015 10:17 PM

Engaged in some classic Player Versus Player this afternoon and found this out the hard way:

Arrows do not give either a 'miss' or 'hit for' message consistently when shot through water. While Newtonian physics demands this, Everquest physics have not given me this issue until today (9/21/15)

Even when our fight moved onto islands and we had ground underneath us while levitating in the air, several ranged attacks gave me no response whatsoever.


I'm aware of the projectile implementations of the last few months and that world entities and uneven terrain now often block an arrow's path... but my experiences today were in about as clear and open of an environment possible, over the water in Ocean of Tears.

/em cries

Efwan 09-23-2015 02:49 AM

Bow damage is very classic pve and pvp. This LOS bug however is not, let's stay on topic here.

Masaka 09-23-2015 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Efwan (Post 2054944)
Bow damage is very classic pve and pvp..

nope

yikes 09-23-2015 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Efwan (Post 2054944)
Bow damage is very classic pve and pvp. This LOS bug however is not, let's stay on topic here.

wrong

Gustoo 09-23-2015 10:28 PM

I haven't shot a bow at a player on R99.

but on live I played a ranger and bow damage was weak, good for pelting guys with arrows when they were snared and you were low HP and just being a jerk.

Anyone have an actual bow damage log from the old days? Bows sucked... always terrible DPS.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.