Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   This launch was not classic (/forums/showthread.php?t=30394)

ElanoraBryght 03-26-2011 05:25 AM

This launch was not classic

Where was the 7 hour downtime and patch, the overwhelmed login server that kept people locked out for an hour, the immediate server down to fix bugs not caught during beta?

Seriously - thank you devs, and all the players who put hours into beta testing. What a great day to be playing on p99. You all did a fantastic job, and I'm grateful for all the time you put into getting Kunark ready for launch.

/applause

apenao 03-26-2011 05:52 AM

I agree 100%.

I'm playing in GMT+1 so I had to log off just after the openning of Kunark, but I enjoyed a lot during the scarvenger event, and I got a nice weight reduction bag and a ring !

Naum 03-26-2011 06:25 AM

I concur as well
I am flabbergasted when it comes to your ability to run this show at times equally good, but most of the time better than how it originally was run.
Simply breathtaking

/bow

Torqumada286 03-26-2011 06:38 AM

The reason it wasn't Classic is that it wasn't done on a Holiday weekend with the majority of the developers taking 3 days vacation. :p

Torqumada

Darian 03-26-2011 07:44 AM

Can't say enough about the job yall have done- concur with Naum's point. To think that the folks on live were stuck with Translocators for so long (maybe still are, who knows), and to see the Maiden's Voyage last night making its... maiden's voyage... just incredible. Props to the devs for keeping a good humor about all the griefers/sploiters as well.

Outstanding! /mortalkombatvoice

Werlop 03-26-2011 09:52 AM

Kudos to the devs. This went very smoothly, all things considered.

Dyrkoon 03-26-2011 10:43 AM

A+++++ was like a flash back in time...well not really...this one actually worked...)

Curmudgen 03-26-2011 10:50 AM

When I heard that initial opening rare drop rates were high and then readjusted after some few got the rates, I was thinking hey that IS like classic EQ!

Thought that was funny. Not sad or angry about it