Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   What you love what you hate about your class (/forums/showthread.php?t=358176)

Cen 05-07-2020 10:21 AM

What you love what you hate about your class

So its been a long time of me making the outline on a video guide for p99. I want it to be nice and professional with gameplay of each class at the high end, and the whole idea is based around people choosing what class they want and seeing the reality. I think one of the best ways to choose is to see what you'll love, and what you'll hate, which is a concept ive taken from a very old popular guide Anarchy Online players used to use.

I dont play every class, but I have a pretty good understanding on each at the high end, but in case I forgot anything, id like to ask you guys to do two favors for me here if you feel you are a good representitive of that class:

1. Tell me what is really great about your class, and what the worst parts are and

2. Name one person who you think is a great iconic representitive of another class (because usually I can deep dive their forum history for awesome quotes and info) I.e. One of my fave naeth quotes is "At the beginning of the game, a warrior can't do anything, but at the end of the game they can do everything"

Thanks to anyone who can give just a little input:p

gherron 05-07-2020 11:37 PM

Ranger:

1. What I love: I'm a ranger! What I hate: I'm a ranger...

2. Probably Ivory who inspired me to make an alt ranger on the server, and now it has become my main.

Ennewi 05-08-2020 01:31 AM

1. Bard

Best: That songs need to be twisted and instruments/weapons swapped around, the whole process being very much a juggling act. Having the ability to reliably charm red cons against each other starting around level 30. Other less obvious skills. The inclusion of safe fall which makes selo's less hazardous in mountain zones. OT hammer obtainable at level 50 without help or braids, and it only costs a jade. No having to stand still while casting, ever. Every level earned comes with a new spell.

Worst: Consecutive missed notes, even with +110 dexterity. It's more frustrating than the occasional bout of fizzles or feign death fails. Should just be glad lute strings and drum sticks don't break, the way fishing poles do, but it's definitely a limiting factor, especially for a class that is expected to multitask nonstop and adjust to different scenarios on short notice. No iconic guild hall. Bards are the flashiest class in Norrath, but their guild leaders wear plain clothes in standard buildings. Their guildhouses should be aglow with song particles and have more dialogue spam than Hate when the evangelist is up. Bard NPCs could have been among the most difficult to engage, but instead they are easier than relatively straightforward kills. Kelin's Lucid Lullaby is your AE mez, not your lull song.

2. Player

Even though countless others have prevented groups I've been in from wiping, Zanderr is probably the one Bard that stands out in memory the most on p99. Would be a common sight in South Karana. Full plate look with a stream of particle effects trailing after. Zipping from one corner of the zone to another, spawning and checking for Quillmane.

Muggens 05-09-2020 01:28 PM

Nice lil thread, but i suggest moving it to blue or rnf forums even to get more replies!

El-Hefe 05-09-2020 01:31 PM

Enchanter.

Love: Being the most OP class in the game.

Hate: Never being able to use the restroom.

tsuchang 05-09-2020 02:13 PM

Necromancer is great with the litch line, feign death, life tap, deadman floating, snare/dot and sooo many more like the inviz hat. Then if you get J boots you are king of the hill.
Can't use the bank in many cities, but you can come back and get revenge when you level enough.

Baler 05-09-2020 02:24 PM

1. Shaman soloing WW dragons is fun but the damage output is slow.

2. Zentile Monk

Syllibus 05-09-2020 04:48 PM

Paladin.

Love: Tanking with spells. Being a holy knight 'n stuff. Getting asked to tank groups.

Hate: Exp penalty on green. People tend to "need to leave" when you join the group.

Izmael 05-09-2020 05:13 PM

Monk

Love: No spells, no headache
Hate: No spells, dumb melee