Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   GM ruling on non-/list camps (/forums/showthread.php?t=373076)

Bigcountry23 12-01-2020 05:20 PM

GM ruling on non-/list camps

For a number of weeks The Kly NOS camp has been run under the same ruleset as Kingdom's AC list (https://kingdomdkp.com/eqdkp/index.p...c-list-18.html) and whit a few exceptions (wipes) it has been smooth.

This morning I was added to the list and when I checked in this afternoon I was told the Galach had ruled that it was an "in person to be on list" camp and that I was removed for being offline (went to lunch).

Is there an official posting of what camps are what ruleset? Last I had heard the GM/Guides were letting non-/list camp rules be player managed (unless they had to step in, as they apparently did at the CoS camp) and the Kingdom AC ruleset has bene an easy to reference, and easy to follow guide.

Solist 12-01-2020 05:32 PM

The idea of being able to sit on a list while not even online is unacceptably non everquest. The whole point of this game is to lose your wife and job in order to get the pixels.

loramin 12-01-2020 05:39 PM

Player agreements are generally documented in the wiki: http://wiki.project1999.com/index.ph...arch=agreement

However, it doesn't seem that one has been yet. And that's the "fun" of player agreements here: they're enforced by staff, but only when the staff feels there's a player convention ... and there's no official rules on when the staff decides that. All you can really do is try and get everyone "on the ground" to agree on a rule set, and put that ruleset in the wiki; if it stays, you know the staff will enforce them.

azxten 12-01-2020 05:40 PM

All lists are stupid and camps should follow the simple rules laid out for claiming them. Beyond that training, KSing, etc should all be allowed as it was in classic since GMs never enforced the rules. The lack of "bad" actions is part of why P99 is stale and why character reputation doesn't exist.

Which fits a fantasy game better? A monster that drops loot that players argue over, fight for, etc or a list you sign up for and queue in an orderly fashion down the hallway lest a GM come and ban you for disrupting this treadmill?

Staff gets too involved in player disputes and ruins the classic EQ vibe which allowed for more player freedom in situations like this. Yes, including being an asshole.

Scalem 12-01-2020 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcountry23 (Post 3220914)
For a number of weeks The Kly NOS camp has been run under the same ruleset as Kingdom's AC list (https://kingdomdkp.com/eqdkp/index.p...c-list-18.html) and whit a few exceptions (wipes) it has been smooth.

This morning I was added to the list and when I checked in this afternoon I was told the Galach had ruled that it was an "in person to be on list" camp and that I was removed for being offline (went to lunch).

Is there an official posting of what camps are what ruleset? Last I had heard the GM/Guides were letting non-/list camp rules be player managed (unless they had to step in, as they apparently did at the CoS camp) and the Kingdom AC ruleset has bene an easy to reference, and easy to follow guide.

Blame Seal Team for ruining it. They got the list wiped it added all their buddies to it and changed the rules and forced the GMs to intervene. Just like they forced the GMs to intervene with the Jade Prod camp because they kept adding people to the list. Or just like the NPC put into Seb to remind players not to exploit a known pathing bug. All of these events have one thing in common, one guild causing the GMs to constantly intervene and make specific rulings to otherwise semi successful player run encounters.

BiG SiP 12-01-2020 05:50 PM

my experience is you have to have presence and be online
seems reasonable enough
time to quit my job and dump one of my supermodel GFs

rewinder47 12-01-2020 05:51 PM

The only time you can be offline and in a list at the same time is if it's a player-run list and all players on the list agree to it and accept it. Because technically, server rules state that you must be logged in and present to be in line for a camp. I suspect anyone who is logged on and in an unofficial list would be within their rights to claim that they are ahead of anyone who is offline at the time that they joined, if they really wanted to petition it and didn't care about pissing other people off.

Swish 12-01-2020 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizard1 (Post 3220941)
do you want a necklace or do you want lunch?

Decide

Get lunch delivered :rolleyes:

Batty 12-04-2020 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rewinder47 (Post 3220933)
Because technically, server rules state that you must be logged in and present to be in line for a camp.

Where's that rule? I've seen that you need to honor whoever you said was next in line IF you said that and be there for the next PH after you get the item. That's about it.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Ru..._Waiting_Lists

Nuggie 12-05-2020 01:50 AM

We've had so many rulings on so many different situations over the years... who the hell knows the rules for anything any more....