Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Trading Hub (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Realtime auction logger (hourly refresh, may increase) (/forums/showthread.php?t=65187)

Flunklesnarkin 03-01-2012 07:57 PM

Grozmok 03-01-2012 08:45 PM

TBH if this doesn't just run in the background when I'm playing EQ it's not happening on my machine.

Flunklesnarkin 03-01-2012 09:02 PM

Looks like you have to start it each time you want to record auction listings

just tested out when i restarted comp.

tristantio 03-02-2012 09:37 AM

in the works, I am rewriting windows client so it will scan common log dirs for the newest log file and submit.

when complete you will be able to double click the exe without doing anything else, it will open a cmd window and autorun until closed.

I could have it auto run at boot but want to avoid an installer or service setup since it's such a one purpose exe that requires no user input

Flunklesnarkin 03-02-2012 02:53 PM

yah if its just a double click to start that would be simple enough for most windows users.

Would you be able to start this after you were already in eq?

like if you ran to EC to afk.. maybe you could tab out start it then go afk?

tristantio 03-02-2012 03:11 PM

Hi Flunkle, you could run it whenever you like, as long as the /log is turned on.

The revised program will work as follows:

eqAuction.ini file included in package download - will have a few default locations listed where a log file may reside in the default EQ install (can windows users post these for me? probably C:\Program Files(x86)\EverQuest\Logs or something I'm guessing?

The user can hand edit the ini file if they have a vastly different install location (different drive or something).

The program will check once per minute for the newest log file between the directories included in the ini file.

The program will send the last 100 lines of that log file to my server.

You could start the eqAuction.exe from any location (as long as libcurl.dll and the ini file are in that same folder - they will be by default after unzipping) and it will still work.

You can stop it at anytime, or leave it going while you're in other zones (maybe you'll catch some great Oasis /auctions or something).

Since it doesn't hook into the game at all, it doesn't matter if the game is running or not while you run it.

teekanc 03-02-2012 05:03 PM

Where do you live, Tristantio? You've had time to create this so I know oral sex must come rarely, so I have convinced my girlfriend to deliver.

Flunklesnarkin 03-02-2012 06:48 PM

I'm uploading logs atm but its not updating.. seems last refresh was 8 hour ago

tristantio 03-02-2012 08:24 PM

last updates were from my uploads, the more recent was manually added. The logs only add auctions if the timestamp is newer. Are you on est?

if so, it may be an issue with existing windows client. What text is in your outfile now? Server end seems ok...make sure you are pointing to your active toons log and /log is on

Grozmok 03-02-2012 09:09 PM

I see this:

[49 minutes ago] Tristantio auctions, 'test.'

No other updates though.