Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Patch Notes, Thursday September 16th (/forums/showthread.php?t=17471)

Lostprophets 09-16-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falisaty (Post 143171)
Haynar: Pets doing damage to an NPC will now cause faction hits.

since when is this classic?

yeah really, when has this been classic?!

Otto 09-16-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kender (Post 143153)
Does this have anything to do with why i got attacked when stealthed and hidden as a rogue, conning a goblin which said indifferent only to be attacked by that same goblin 10 seconds later when i got within agro range?

Pretty certain you're just accidentally doing an action to break hide and the client doesn't get updated... like right clicking corpses.

This used to happen to me until I adjusted the way I move about while hide/sneaking. Hasn't happened to me since... 6+ months ago?

nilbog 09-16-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falisaty (Post 143171)
Haynar: Pets doing damage to an NPC will now cause faction hits.

since when is this classic?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostprophets (Post 143216)
yeah really, when has this been classic?!

Always? I remember 2 different scenarios with my magician.

1. Chardok faction. I could afk in a room w/ 3 goblins, and when I came back, I had faction for every goblin killed by my pet.

2. Revamped VP faction. AFK in mistmoore, and when I would come back, I had faction for all the npcs killed by my pet.

Also, it prevents killing npcs with impunity. Example: if you farm guards of a city with only your pet, you should get faction hits for them.

Harrison 09-16-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otto (Post 143226)
Pretty certain you're just accidentally doing an action to break hide and the client doesn't get updated... like right clicking corpses.

This used to happen to me until I adjusted the way I move about while hide/sneaking. Hasn't happened to me since... 6+ months ago?

It happened to me a few days ago and a few times since. It still happens.

Lazortag 09-16-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilbog (Post 143227)

1. Chardok faction. I could afk in a room w/ 3 goblins, and when I came back, I had faction for every goblin killed by my pet.

2. Revamped VP faction. AFK in mistmoore, and when I would come back, I had faction for all the npcs killed by my pet.

Also, it prevents killing npcs with impunity. Example: if you farm guards of a city with only your pet, you should get faction hits for them.

Yeah I agree with this. This is kind of a situation where we would need to provide proof that it's not classic instead of the other way around, because it's kind of abusive and so if we're uncertain of it's classic-ness, we should err on the side of not allowing you to kill guards from a city forever without losing faction. Just my two cents (coppers?)

Also:

Quote:

#
# Haynar: Bard sitting mana regen has been adjusted. They were regening way more than they should have sitting. This is a classic adjustment.
This means Bards should regen exactly 2 mana per tick now while sitting, correct?

Kender 09-16-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otto (Post 143226)

nope i was on a CR and i hadn't even got to my body yet to click it. I had literally sneak/hide, right click gobbie to con which returned indiff, and walk forward.

Falisaty 09-16-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilbog (Post 143227)

aye u are talking about kunark era not Classic pre kunark i remember in classic my friends mage killin guards with no faction loss

im still lookin for patch notes ref them patching pet faction

Otto 09-16-2010 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrison (Post 143228)
It happened to me a few days ago and a few times since. It still happens.

You'll have to re-read what I typed. I didn't say anything about it being fixed long ago, I stated that it is a user error, not a game mechanics error.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kender (Post 143298)
nope i was on a CR and i hadn't even got to my body yet to click it. I had literally sneak/hide, right click gobbie to con which returned indiff, and walk forward.

There are plenty of other reasons why right clicking may have dropped your hide- Yes it should tell you, but it doesn't.

zianlo1 09-16-2010 06:55 PM

Paineel guards dont give faction hits though, right? Since they're undead and all...Plus, the faction hit wasnt added to them til at least velious era, right? =D

Rais 09-16-2010 07:13 PM

Question. At what date are up "up to" on the Classic eq time table. I have found patch notes from when Sky opened and such. Some things haven't been changed as far as I can tell, nor have seen in any of the patches we have had.

(edit) here is the link where I'm checking out the different patches.

http://web.archive.org/web/200010170..._archives.html