Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Game Mechanics: (attn: high priest) Channeling rate way too high (/forums/showthread.php?t=157967)

Haynar 07-16-2014 03:41 PM

It may be the push code. I probably need it to only push in the smallest increment the client uses, 0.125. That will add a small buffer. The channeling chance may just need tweaked.

H

Thulack 07-16-2014 04:55 PM

I didnt read through all the posting but ive run a good 10 feet ahead of me to cancel and spell and still had the spell channel through. ducking isnt something i use to do so it slips my mind occasionally so i run around to stop spell casting and on a few times ive had the spell channel through when i ran back and forward real quick(guessing landed in same spot so it checked and i was still there and it casted) but never had it where i ran in 1 direction for 3 seconds and it still channeled through til that one day.

Freakish 07-16-2014 05:26 PM

Channeling is 200 on NEC, I assume it is the same on all casters.

Wrench 07-16-2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirgon (Post 1536952)
Didn't even need rune

Channeling long charms through pet break np, holds basically forever

as others said, this is straight up not true on higher level pets

i hope you are being honest with this bug report nirgon

Byrjun 07-16-2014 06:05 PM

I think the fizzle rate might be a bit too low too. Especially on the Cannibalize line of spells, these had a much higher rate of fizzling on live compared to other spells.

Honestly I think NPC channeling is fine. I've seen raid mobs channel gate with a serious push being applied. Aaryonar on the Velious beta server was insane, we were pushing her all the way down the hall and she would still channel gate. I don't even remember her using gate on live, and if she did it was insignificant because I don't remember her ever gating even after dozens and dozens of kills. I'd maybe even suggest NPC channeling rates to be lower, but Nirgon might pop a blood vessel at such a suggestion.

Nirgon 07-16-2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Potus (Post 1536986)
Hasted mobs outright kill me on recharm if I don't have a rune up. I don't see how you cast Allure and lived.

I have a very long string of 1s and 0s that I feed through an encrypted program that alerts me when my charm spell has broken and I recast it. Much too complicated to go into any real detail here.

I'm being honest too.. happy to log in and have an EQ date with HPH to demo. Classic hating scum/classic mechanic cowards not invited.

Tecmos Deception 07-16-2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirgon (Post 1536594)
I was thinking a little while ago while I casted an allure through my VoG hasted/dual wielding pet + another mob on me for the 4th time after charm broke that I should make a thread about channeling rate.

I notice you didn't post any logs.

Scrubosaur 07-16-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirgon (Post 1537424)
I'm being honest too.. happy to log in and have an EQ date with HPH to demo. Classic hating scum/classic mechanic cowards not invited.

Too hostile. Take a break.

Nirgon 07-16-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrubosaur (Post 1537463)
Too hostile. Take a break.

Ain't hostile just sayin' mosta ya'll not invited to the pixel party.

I can dig up the logs when I get home... its easy enough to use GM commands to test it in literally less than 40 seconds :P.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrubosaur (Post 1536968)
I don't see how this is possible. I charmed killed in HS from 54 > 60 and I never hasted my pet. I was unable to recast charm on my pet after it broke (Thrall of Bones - 6sec cast) with out getting interrupted.

Did you not train OP CHANNELING P99LAWLS from your guild master? Try the masters in Neriak or Erudin.

Pras HPH may he fixed pending update for 5000 years.

Haynar 07-16-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirgon (Post 1537482)
Pras HPH may he fixed pending update for 5000 years.

I am thinking I need a good idea, and do a kickstarter. 5000 years is too long.

Until then, will do a little here and there. I will try to stick with little adjustments.

H