Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Are GMs actually adressing /petitions? (/forums/showthread.php?t=350231)

Feracitus 02-12-2020 08:57 PM

Are GMs actually adressing /petitions?

Is there a more effective way of adressing gms about a player training me in my camp trying to steal it?
Player Zetaz has killed me twice on sisters camp in OOT already, trying to steal the camp from me.

My character name is Manakim Devorare. If any GMs see this, i can give all the details.

Pretzelle 02-12-2020 09:02 PM

get a video recording and petition it on the forums.

galach 02-12-2020 09:03 PM

I get around to all of them when I am on & the player that petitioned is on. For stuff like training, the staff either needs to see it themselves or have video proof. It's best to have video proof if a staff member isn't on to help you out right away.

Feracitus 02-12-2020 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galach (Post 3084698)
I get around to all of them when I am on & the player that petitioned is on. For stuff like training, the staff either needs to see it themselves or have video proof. It's best to have video proof if a staff member isn't on to help you out right away.

well i dont have any recording, but cant you check logs or something? i've literally been here all day and this bozo stroll up and claim a camp that isnt his, and then use it as an excuse to train the red con on me twice.

BurtMacklinFBI 02-12-2020 09:17 PM

Sounds like you need obs

Feracitus 02-12-2020 09:27 PM

Well guess that's a thing right. Gonna stream to twitch and archive from now on.

zillabunny 02-12-2020 09:28 PM

I'm still not sure why you need the video evidence?

Just query 2 users zone in times

Check who killed the last 5 mobs from the time of petition

Implement the play nice policy from there?

Pretzelle 02-12-2020 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zillabunny (Post 3084709)
I'm still not sure why you need the video evidence?

Just query 2 users zone in times

Check who killed the last 5 mobs from the time of petition

Implement the play nice policy from there?

It's on you to provide evidence. They can only see so much from the logs (most of the story but not all the moving parts).

Videri 02-12-2020 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pretzelle (Post 3084714)
It's on you to provide evidence. They can only see so much from the logs (most of the story but not all the moving parts).

Quoted for truth.

I had thought it was common knowledge that video evidence was necessary to warrant disciplinary action for training, but...I used to play on Red99, which explains why I know that. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feracitus (Post 3084708)
Well guess that's a thing right. Gonna stream to twitch and archive from now on.

I think you're making the right move by recording stuff, in case you experience such behavior again. Good luck.

Feracitus 02-12-2020 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pretzelle (Post 3084696)
get a video recording and petition it on the forums.

What would be the apropriate forum to petition with a video? is there a specific one, or just post it here?