Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Manastone Account Sharing Strategy (/forums/showthread.php?t=341200)

Seungkyu 11-15-2019 07:45 PM

Manastone Account Sharing Strategy

Just a heads up, if your a solo player looking to camp a Manastone it might be tougher than you think.

The #1 and #2 spots are rotating their account through multiple people.

I'm currently #3 on a Manastone camp after waiting 34 hours. I wouldn't have stayed this long if I knew I was against rotating teams.

Fun Fact: The last two people to get Manastones in this group are Crovax and Grakken from that 35 page monstrosity

baakss 11-15-2019 07:50 PM

Teal has had better luck than Green.

It's been 43 hours since our last Manastone drop. A couple have been here since Monday/Tuesday.

It's impossible to climb the list completely alone at this droprate without major health concerns.

AgentEpilot 11-15-2019 07:53 PM

Yea list system needs revised, people are now offering to sit in it for people for plat.

aaezil 11-15-2019 07:55 PM

By the time they make a fix it wont even be dropping anymore lol guess its time to pay ppl to sit

SenoraRaton 11-15-2019 08:00 PM

I feel like I should make a thread for this, but no one was responsive to constructive advice....

Just set it to time at camp on list. Highest time at camp is awarded the stone. Allow me to sleep, and allow me to come and go from the camp. Can also just add a point every afk check/ph damaged etc instead of just time. This means you don't have to account share, you don't have to spend consecutive days awake, and in time your time invested WILL be rewarded. Instead I run the risk of passing out on my keyboard, having my account stripped/stolen, or other real life health issues in order to participate in one of the key elements of this server.

Yoite 11-15-2019 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SenoraRaton (Post 3026552)
in order to participate in one of the key elements of this server.

i mean this isnt a manastone farming simulator. this is just a tiny, insignificant part of this whole project. yall going crazy over this digital crack rock

Bannen 11-15-2019 08:09 PM

I wish they would just make this drop more often. Maybe a 6 hour guarantee drop or less. I'm not opposed to others getting good items.

GnomeCaptain 11-15-2019 08:23 PM

This just shows that mindlessly sticking to "classic" results in anything but a classic experience. And in this case a dangerous experience.

We didn't know all details of the game when EQ launched, so the only way to have a similar experience is to introduce mystery.

Want to have the Manastone in the game?

Than have it drop off a group of different mobs. This group is of appropriate level and location and lore. Perhaps it is never dropped by the same mob twice.

That's exciting and fun.

Sitting in your own filth for extremely long periods of time, endangering your health and self-respect all for a certain drop is neither fun nor exciting.

SenoraRaton 11-15-2019 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoite (Post 3026557)
i mean this isnt a manastone farming simulator. this is just a tiny, insignificant part of this whole project. yall going crazy over this digital crack rock

Ignore content, attack poster. Thanks for your constructive contribution.

glencastle 11-15-2019 08:30 PM

Someone will eventually die on a long enough timeline of this manastone being on green/teal unless something is done to remedy the list situation.

It might have to take someone perishing from this long camp before any action is taken to adjust how the list system works.

Also, if players are account sharing, that is negatively impacting all others who are actually dedicating their own time to camping this thing.

Sad day