Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Warrior and swiftblade of zek (/forums/showthread.php?t=388043)

Awjin 07-14-2021 08:59 PM

Warrior and swiftblade of zek

At 60, is it OK keep it offhand (infestation mainhand) regardless of the situation ? I mean should I swap a proc weapon offhand instead… for better threat generation, when needed?
I’ve got ringed mace / troc skean / wavecrasher but those swiftblade stats and ratio are too good. Just wondering

DeathsSilkyMist 07-14-2021 09:49 PM

Full disclaimer, I am not an expert warrior. If you are grouping, I would imagine a high threat proc in the offhand would be better than the swiftblade. Your ability to maintain agro is more important than some AC and HP. That is why you see the endgame threat setup looking something like trident of the deep seas and red epic.

Lurgort/Sseri 07-14-2021 09:54 PM

I have a Infestation + Velium Maul of Superiority which is the same dmg/delay of the Swiftblade of Zek. In The Hole groups, if infest procs, mob sticks to me usually. If it doesn't proc, epic rogues peel aggro pretty easily.

If you absolutely must hold threat, Infest + another threat gen weapon in offhand is the way to go.

Loadsamoney 07-14-2021 10:51 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but if you can afford an SoZ, wouldn't you just be better off getting your epic? I could be, and probably am, remembering this wrong, but I don't remember Blade of Tactics and Blade of Strategy being one of the harder/more bottlenecked epics to get.

Lurgort/Sseri 07-14-2021 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loadsamoney (Post 3333822)
Pardon my ignorance, but if you can afford an SoZ, wouldn't you just be better off getting your epic? I could be, and probably am, remembering this wrong, but I don't remember Blade of Tactics and Blade of Strategy being one of the harder/more bottlenecked epics to get.

Green Scales. Severilous in EJ or Hoshkar in VP, 7 day spawns, drop not guaranteed-- you're competing against other guilds, and also your own guildmates. Definitely one of the harder epics to acquire.

Loadsamoney 07-14-2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurgort/Sseri (Post 3333823)
Green Scales. Severilous in EJ or Hoshkar in VP, 7 day spawns, drop not guaranteed-- you're competing against other guilds, and also your own guildmates. Definitely one of the harder epics to acquire.

Oh, Green Scales, right. That's 500kpp minimum, right? And that's assuming someone is even selling the damn thing.

Yeah, nevermind, I'm a dumbass and we all know it.

Deadfather 07-14-2021 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loadsamoney (Post 3333822)

There is a difference between a 60k item (SoZ) and green dragon scales (500k+)
War epic is prolly the most bottlenecked.

Snaggles 07-15-2021 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Awjin (Post 3333795)
At 60, is it OK keep it offhand (infestation mainhand) regardless of the situation ? I mean should I swap a proc weapon offhand instead… for better threat generation, when needed?
I’ve got ringed mace / troc skean / wavecrasher but those swiftblade stats and ratio are too good. Just wondering

There are cases where max hps > threat (like rampage tank duty). It’s also a great low aggro dps weapon which can come in handy.

If you have an infestation I’d throw anything in your offhand with a solid proc though for tanking; white damage aggro will be close and proc aggro will be a game changer.

Remember your offhand swing ratio is fairly low compared to the primary (50-72% depending on sources at max skill) and no damage bonus. Procs trigger on average half the rate which makes them quite viable for threat even if that weapon is doing a bit less damage than ideal. The SBoZ is about 11% better ratio than a Frostbringer for example. It won’t increase your damage 11% though since the main hand is doing so much of the overall work. It might make sense to keep it; you might want to recycle that budget into hp gear not taking up melee slots.

Sonderbeast 07-15-2021 01:39 AM

It is situational. If you're in a group and need to maintain aggro from a shaman or enchanter as he's slowing, then you will want a heavy aggro set-up. If you are duoing, after it's slowed it's ok to switch to a white damage item like SBOZ or as your DPS will be needed, and you will likely be able to hold aggro in this case. If you're tanking something bigger say in HOT with plenty of DPS, then having a good high ratio off-hand is negligible. You should be using a good aggro proc.

Toxigen 07-15-2021 07:05 AM

like sonder said

good in duos / trios where that dps will actually mean something

full groups in hole? go max threat

(btw dont xp in hole in full groups)