Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Biden Bails Out Losers With Worthless College Degrees (/forums/showthread.php?t=407175)

Elizondo 08-24-2022 01:16 PM

Biden Bails Out Losers With Worthless College Degrees

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pres...ry?id=88736949

Quote:

President Biden announces student loan forgiveness

Ahead of another deadline on the restart of payments for America's $1.7 trillion in federal student loans, President Joe Biden on Wednesday announced a plan to cancel debt for a subset of Americans and continue to keep a pandemic-era pause on the repayments -- a sweeping move he has openly weighed in some form or another since his time as a candidate.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/13/amer...heres-why.html

Quote:

American women hold two-thirds of all student debt—here’s why

According to the American Association of University Women (AAUW), women hold roughly two-thirds of all student debt in the nation. As of 2019, women hold almost $929 billion in outstanding student debt.

A recent report from student loan refinancing company Laurel Road suggests that a major reason for this disparity is because women are less likely to understand how student debt works.

robayon 08-24-2022 01:20 PM

Two questions

Do you have a college degree?

Do you have a girlfriend/wife?

Reiwa 08-24-2022 01:21 PM

“One thing people need to keep in mind is that a suspension of payments is not the same as debt forgiveness”

unsunghero 08-24-2022 01:25 PM

Already paid my student loans, too bad Biden can’t fire up the money printer to forgive my mortgage and credit card debt at the cost of our economy

Fuck me I guess

Reiwa 08-24-2022 01:33 PM

Would it be a good idea to end student loan forbearance?

Would it be a good idea politically? Seems like suicide.

I am startled.

robayon 08-24-2022 01:35 PM

"I had to suffer through polio. And now they have a vaccine for it... for free? No, those broke kids should suffer like I did. That fucking pinko commie Jonas Salk is probably a deep state pedophile." - the modern conservative stereotype who has time-travelled to 1955

MrSparkle001 08-24-2022 01:36 PM

Just in time for the midterms huh.

$10k is nothing by the way. My car loan is many times that. But I guess if you're just out of college and still in your struggling phase that's a pretty decent amount of debt to lose. $20k is a decent amount.

Will it bring these young people to the polls this fall though? Nah.

What I want to see is more loan forgiveness for the poor schmucks that got suckered into those for-profit schools. They're carrying all kinds of debt and have nearly nothing to show for it with "degrees" that aren't worth a thing.

Botten 08-24-2022 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizondo (Post 3496328)
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pres...ry?id=88736949

Quote:

President Biden announces student loan forgiveness

Ahead of another deadline on the restart of payments for America's $1.7 trillion in federal student loans, President Joe Biden on Wednesday announced a plan to cancel debt for a subset of Americans and continue to keep a pandemic-era pause on the repayments -- a sweeping move he has openly weighed in some form or another since his time as a candidate.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/13/amer...heres-why.html

Quote:

American women hold two-thirds of all student debt—here’s why

According to the American Association of University Women (AAUW), women hold roughly two-thirds of all student debt in the nation. As of 2019, women hold almost $929 billion in outstanding student debt.

A recent report from student loan refinancing company Laurel Road suggests that a major reason for this disparity is because women are less likely to understand how student debt works.

Sexist Elizondo purposely omits in his own article major blinding reason.

“Because of factors like the gender pay gap, debt that could be manageable ends up becoming unmanageable, particularly for women.”

Can't wait for women to crush stupid MAGA.

Kansas and now today's NEWS:

Democrat Pat Ryan Wins in House Race That Turned on Abortion

Jibartik 08-24-2022 01:43 PM

We should NOT forgive student loans.

We SHOULD prevent them from being a thing for future generations.

If you want forgiveness, win a class action lawsuit.

MrSparkle001 08-24-2022 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Botten (Post 3496340)
Sexist Elizondo purposely omits in his own article major blinding reason.

“Because of factors like the gender pay gap, debt that could be manageable ends up becoming unmanageable, particularly for women.”

Can't wait for women to crush stupid MAGA.

Kansas and now today's NEWS:

Democrat Pat Ryan Wins in House Race That Turned on Abortion

You pay for the New York Times?

And to me that means the system is working. The issue of abortion is being pushed back to the states where it should have been all along. It's not in the constitution, it never was, and now people can vote on it.