Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   God Bless red and blue for 100 more years! (/forums/showthread.php?t=283456)

silo32 10-21-2017 10:40 PM

God Bless red and blue for 100 more years!

http://www.pcgamer.com/vanilla-world...een-dissolved/

how is this not news

over 12,000 mmo players displaced

someone do a recruitment to these lost souls and move them over to our home

Pokesan 10-22-2017 12:16 AM

im super surprised the russian wow server turned out to be a scam

Daloon 10-22-2017 12:22 AM

-Euro servers make the ping terrible for U.S. players
-Euro servers required to not get instantly such down

Such is life of a WoW Emu. Never again.

Lament Icarus 10-22-2017 02:20 AM

Basically, two of the admins are guilty of shady shit.

So the rest of the admins coupboi’d them, copied the server, and spun it up with a new host. Was maybe a ~1 hour rollback.

Not a huge deal. Just two server admins being super lame, getting found out, and all their admins and devs leaving.

Canelek 10-22-2017 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokesan (Post 2599218)
im super surprised the russian wow server turned out to be a scam

Shrubwise 10-22-2017 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lament Icarus (Post 2599240)
Basically, two of the admins are guilty of shady shit.

So the rest of the admins coupboi’d them, copied the server, and spun it up with a new host. Was maybe a ~1 hour rollback.

Not a huge deal. Just two server admins being super lame, getting found out, and all their admins and devs leaving.

LOL. What a magnificent story.
I played on Elysium for a while; got to mid-30's on Horde, and 41ish on Alliance. Got bored and quit, but it was fun playing vanilla WoW again. After a while though, the novelty wears off and it's just WoW again.

Lhancelot 10-22-2017 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrubwise (Post 2599285)
LOL. What a magnificent story.
I played on Elysium for a while; got to mid-30's on Horde, and 41ish on Alliance. Got bored and quit, but it was fun playing vanilla WoW again. After a while though, the novelty wears off and it's just WoW again.

That's what happened everytime I tried to get into WOW. I usually got multiple characters to 30-40 lvl, and then quit. It just never could hold me for long.

I was sad, because it had such a huge playerbase, and the company seemed to always be in touch with the players unlike nearly every MMO I have ever grown attached to. :(

Lulz~Sect 10-22-2017 10:32 AM

VAnilla WoW with my IRL crew is not an experience that can ever be replicated

RIP

Valdain 10-22-2017 10:42 AM

I enjoyed WoW for a long time, and going back to experience how much of a pain in the ass vanilla was proved a good time, but short lived. Logging into live WoW these days, I have no idea how to play the game anymore, so I quit entirely. It helps that none of my raid team from vanilla days play anymore, as that was the biggest reason I’d kept playing in the first place.

That said, I can’t even play p99 because hurricane Irma destroyed my computer, so jokes on me

Lhancelot 10-22-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valdain (Post 2599320)
That said, I can’t even play p99 because hurricane Irma destroyed my computer, so jokes on me

Hope all else is well, sorry to hear you got smashed by Irma. may you return to p99 with a vengeance, sooner than later! (If you want, that is.)