Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Lockets of escape... (/forums/showthread.php?t=331674)

bradburysam 08-09-2019 08:49 PM

Lockets of escape...

Are they worth having and why? I know PoM, is that it or?

Is 500k to much for 2 or?

Nuggie 08-09-2019 09:27 PM

If you're looking at it from an investment angle: it's going to take you years to earn back your money if you pay 500K. Demand for them has gone down, and I think will continue to go down.

Seems like it would be cheaper to just buy whatever binds you need and move on. Farm them on Green when kunark opens up.

Legidias 08-10-2019 07:46 AM

You buy 2 to sell melee binds to people. Otherwise you'd buy a click for ~20k.

jolanar 08-10-2019 08:02 AM

Without knowing whether or not green will fold into blue at some point in the future, their value is potentially questionable in the very long term.

From a money making perspective, if you can afford them I can't see how they would generate enough plat to be worth the trouble. How many melee need to bind in PoM anyways?

Baylan295 08-10-2019 09:28 AM

ToV binds are the real value, but there are enough lockers in circulation most guilds that raid ToV have sufficient lockets to bind their folks.

Wendak 08-10-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baylan295 (Post 2945967)
ToV binds are the real value, but there are enough lockers in circulation most guilds that raid ToV have sufficient lockets to bind their folks.

Honestly. TD Fire Pots are super worth it as well. My SHM, CLR, DRU, And MAG are all still bound in TD to this day and the quality of life you get from being able to travel easily all over old world and kunark is amazing. Use a Vial of Velium Vapors to get to Velious and you are golden.

I realize it is not as good for melee as it is casters. But even when dead having options of getting around is nice. Once Velious is out and Translocate is available to bind, it is a nice way to log off and leave yourself open to options.

I wish I could get a Locket Charge at release of Kunark and bind a melee on green, but I know the likelihood is low. But I guarantee that all of my caster characters will be bound there at start of Kunark.

busted 08-10-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wendak (Post 2945970)
Honestly. TD Fire Pots are super worth it as well. My SHM, CLR, DRU, And MAG are all still bound in TD to this day and the quality of life you get from being able to travel easily all over old world and kunark is amazing. Use a Vial of Velium Vapors to get to Velious and you are golden.

^ Do lockets work for binding at firepots still?

I'd pay 20k for that

jolanar 08-10-2019 03:14 PM

You can't bind in Timorous Deep on Blue, limited time thing.

Jibartik 08-10-2019 03:18 PM

What is the merchant resale price of a locket?

Nuggie 08-10-2019 03:37 PM

http://wiki.project1999.com/Recharging

Says 20K. I farmed two, sold one and donated one, but never used one to recharge. Donating things like this to a guild is a mistake I won't make again(Thanks for the lesson learned VD officer Corp). I want to say it's 10K each or so.