Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   [Green] Dark Elf or Human Necromancer? (/forums/showthread.php?t=336811)

Insaiyan 10-18-2019 04:54 PM

[Green] Dark Elf or Human Necromancer?

After trying out a lot of classes during green beta and from my small experience on blue, I've decided necromancer is what I'd like to play for the green launch.

But I have a problem. I can't decide between a DE or a Human.

Love the DE city and the Dark Elves, but I absolutely hate their starting zone and the freeport area in general. Idk why, I just do. Which sucks because that's the hotspot and the hub.

On the flip side, I really like Qeynos and Blackburrow, but I have no clue about all the hidden tunnels and aqueducts and get lost as hell even trying to find the necromancer guild trainer.

Sooo.. could someone help me out here with maybe some kind of pros and cons? Any special items one gets that the others don't? I have no clue about this guise everyone talks about, looked it up, and looks like you can turn into a Dark Elf. Could I be a human necromancer that turns into a Dark Elf so I have a little more cities to go to and get to enjoy my [so far] favorite place in the game?

ketu 10-18-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insaiyan (Post 2990496)
After trying out a lot of classes during green beta and from my small experience on blue, I've decided necromancer is what I'd like to play for the green launch.

But I have a problem. I can't decide between a DE or a Human.

Love the DE city and the Dark Elves, but I absolutely hate their starting zone and the freeport area in general. Idk why, I just do. Which sucks because that's the hotspot and the hub.

On the flip side, I really like Qeynos and Blackburrow, but I have no clue about all the hidden tunnels and aqueducts and get lost as hell even trying to find the necromancer guild trainer.

Sooo.. could someone help me out here with maybe some kind of pros and cons? Any special items one gets that the others don't? I have no clue about this guise everyone talks about, looked it up, and looks like you can turn into a Dark Elf. Could I be a human necromancer that turns into a Dark Elf so I have a little more cities to go to and get to enjoy my [so far] favorite place in the game?

Sesserdrix's All in One Necromancer Strategy Guide is tough to beat:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Sesserdr...Strategy_Guide

thejester11 10-18-2019 06:00 PM

Human:
Pros: Mustache
(Your Opinion)Starting area
Cons: Can't see more than 10 feet at night with a light source. This includes dangerous mobs walking towards you, the mob you are root-rotting, the mob your pet is fighting, etc..
Lowest starting intelligence before Iksars are released. This is your primary stat.

Dark Elf:
Pros: Can see everything at night
(My Opinion)Starting area
Can just run to Karanas/Qeynos and should be able to vendor/train at the same spot as the humans. Would need confirmation though.
Only Necro race that has the Hide ability. Supposedly you can use it with Feign Death similar to Circlet of Shadows to clear the memory of mobs.
2nd highest starting intelligence. 24 points higher than Human!
Cons: Not an Erudite

aspomwell 10-18-2019 06:03 PM

I played a DE necro to 65 in live and I'm recreating that in blue now (currently 11). I created a human necro on green just to see how blind they really are.

Getting to the trainer sucked balls if you go through the maze of the aqueducts. Just zone in from the arena entrance and it's right down the hall...

Ravager 10-18-2019 07:56 PM

Dark Elves get cultural chain mail eventually, so the fashion quest of a caster in chain is pretty cool. Dark elves get to be a little less discriminatory about what they kill than humans faction-wise too, so there are a few more solo options available.

Aaramis 10-18-2019 08:24 PM

Sounds like you love Dark Elves, but you're not a huge fan of the Freeport area, in which case I totally understand. Nektulos sucks as a starting area, but you can quickly transition out of there. After level 5 or so, you only need to come back for spells - that's it.

Baler 10-18-2019 08:50 PM

If the choice is between human and dark elf.
dark elf

Ravager 10-18-2019 09:04 PM

North Ro is the best 1-5 zone imo. Underpopulated, good loot off skels easy access to everything you need.

Insaiyan 10-19-2019 11:03 AM

Thank you for the replies. Helped me think it out a little more. I did not consider the night blindness. Didn't do my research and ASSUMED Necros would get something to counter that. Looks like that's the deal breaker for me, Dark Elf it is. I love the city! Thx again

Crede 10-19-2019 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insaiyan (Post 2991208)
Thank you for the replies. Helped me think it out a little more. I did not consider the night blindness. Didn't do my research and ASSUMED Necros would get something to counter that. Looks like that's the deal breaker for me, Dark Elf it is. I love the city! Thx again

Necros can cast infravision at lvl 8 and Ultravision at lvl 24. So I wouldn’t make your decision based on night vision alone. DE way more common. Tbh I think humans are cooler and I like rolling rarer combos. Eyepatch too 4tw.