Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   /list (/forums/showthread.php?t=343231)

Secrets 12-02-2019 12:41 PM

/list

Should apply to all named creature camps.

It's clear to me that P99'ers cannot exist in harmony like they did back in the day.

(alternatively, turn on pvp upon a list growing to more than 6 people)

Argh 12-02-2019 12:47 PM

Naw

Modwolf 12-02-2019 12:57 PM

Free ma root nets!

Cecily 12-02-2019 01:06 PM

I don't know if I ever made my own never going to happen suggestion, so here's mine:

Do Lineage II pvp rules. Names are blue at first
Attacking another player turns your name purple. Fighting back against purple flags name purple also.
Purple flags last 60 seconds and no penalty for killing. Purple.

PK: A PK occurs if a non-pvp flagged player is killed by another player. The killer's name turns red and remains so for an exponentially longer period of time, depending on their total number of PKs. Red players drop gear on death and anyone can attack them without flagging.

"Karma" point acquired from PKing are shed either through PvE or dying.

I loved this game. You could kill anyone if you really wanted to. Then you spent the next couple hours being hunted by everyone, either getting away with murder or being harshly punished for it. L2 had a beautiful mix of FFA PKing and consentual PvP, while ensuring the game didn't turn into a griefer theme park.

EQ PvP also fucking sucks so please feel free to not read that.

Tenderizer 12-02-2019 09:22 PM

gotta love that p99 community am i right. ;-)

Genevensis 12-03-2019 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecily (Post 3041670)
L2 had a beautiful mix of FFA PKing and consentual PvP, while ensuring the game didn't turn into a griefer theme park.

Where were you when we griefed the whole server out of Dragon Valley with our perma red team and forced them to pay us rent to exp there?
Eventually the whole server rallied against us and booted us out. Best game ever haha.

Kirrund 12-03-2019 06:36 AM

Quote:

I don't know if I ever made my own never going to happen suggestion, so here's mine:

Do Lineage II pvp rules. Names are blue at first
Attacking another player turns your name purple. Fighting back against purple flags name purple also.
Purple flags last 60 seconds and no penalty for killing. Purple.

PK: A PK occurs if a non-pvp flagged player is killed by another player. The killer's name turns red and remains so for an exponentially longer period of time, depending on their total number of PKs. Red players drop gear on death and anyone can attack them without flagging.

"Karma" point acquired from PKing are shed either through PvE or dying.

I loved this game. You could kill anyone if you really wanted to. Then you spent the next couple hours being hunted by everyone, either getting away with murder or being harshly punished for it. L2 had a beautiful mix of FFA PKing and consentual PvP, while ensuring the game didn't turn into a griefer theme park.

EQ PvP also fucking sucks so please feel free to not read that.

It also had entire zones you didn't go to because there were hundreds of RMT asian gold farmers strewn across a single zone; for those who don't understand, it would be as though you were in a zone the size of east commonlands but it was day 1 of green and hundreds of people were camping every known spawn point and you were the only person who wasn't just farming gold for an RMT operation. If you tried to contest anything, they would all zerg you down and kill you.

Even in Cruma tower (the equivalent of lower guk) you'd have a group and then suddenly the asian gold farmers would move in and kill everyone in a wing, set up their lower level farmers, and if you contested anything, the farm boss (who had high tier gear and was about 20 levels higher than you) would come in and kill you instead.

That game was ruined by korean grindfest and gold farmers, otherwise it was an okay game with some decent ideas.

shuklak 12-03-2019 07:33 AM

Remember when Jack ganked those pet toys in mines lol.

Cecily 12-03-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genevensis (Post 3042293)
Where were you when we griefed the whole server out of Dragon Valley with our perma red team and forced them to pay us rent to exp there?
Eventually the whole server rallied against us and booted us out. Best game ever haha.

Me? Lol. I was on Gustin with Eternal Avatar in Antharas' Lair, making sure no one (80-90% of server) got in without being trained, PKed, or otherwise griefed. We didn't let any other alliances into AL and forced them to level at Shillen's Gate, which was sooo much worse.

Then when we got bored we'd send out our two Phantom Rangers permareds with a group of healers and kill them all. This led to a huge battle where they managed to push down halfway into the lair and we just trained the shit out of them and sent them home. I got an eminence bow off one of their reds that night, which I used to 3k crit their casters with on my Abyss Walker. L2 was pure griefing lol. I miss it.

Chocolope 12-03-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

while ensuring the game didn't turn into a griefer theme park.

lol