Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   BDA to Phinigel (/forums/showthread.php?t=241907)

Lammy 05-17-2016 01:21 PM

it's kind of a sad ending

feanan 05-17-2016 01:23 PM

Can't believe some of you can even use the word "compete" with a straight face when talking about this server.

jcr4990 05-17-2016 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 2276510)
Take Chest's signature as an example of BDA's mentality...

http://i.imgur.com/3Bingwu.png

"Crush the rotation"

"See the lesser guilds driven before us"

Followed by... "wut, no welfare pixels in Velious? I quit"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 2276515)
Sorry it didn't work out for you - perhaps if you'd ironed out the rotation problems there'd have been more of an appetite between guilds (that you didn't destroy) to work things out

:o

http://i.imgur.com/40ErMst.jpg

Delusion definition: an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.

jcr4990 05-17-2016 01:30 PM

Another symptom of mental disorder: posting 14,157 times on the forums of a game you haven't actively played in months/years

Swish 05-17-2016 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcr4990 (Post 2276526)

Delusion definition: an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.

Give me your version of what happened. This should be good.

Ravager 05-17-2016 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raev (Post 2276472)
I mean, I totally get going to Phinny. It has two expansions that are generally recognized as pretty good. It doesn't have insane FTE poopsocking. It's the best decision for BDA. But the harsh reality is that BDA failed on basically every level possible here.

If succeeding meant dissolving your guild and being absorbed into a zerg for 6 months until it burned itself out, all the while spending 99% of your in game time preparing or waiting for 10 minutes of game to happen, I think failure is the more attractive outcome. BDA may have left for Phinny, but BDA is still BDA. How's the A-Team doing these days?

Samoht 05-17-2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raev (Post 2276472)
BDA even failed at the Ring War multiple times with 70+ players

Oh noes! BDA failed at an event that was severely hamstrung by game-breaking bugs! They must have been terrible raiders.

You and Swish should find a room. I hope you like tiny British dick.

jcr4990 05-17-2016 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravager (Post 2276533)
If succeeding meant dissolving your guild and being absorbed into a zerg for 6 months until it burned itself out, all the while spending 99% of your in game time preparing or waiting for 10 minutes of game to happen, I think failure is the more attractive outcome. BDA may have left for Phinny, but BDA is still BDA. How's the A-Team doing these days?

Yikes that hit a little close to home. Have no problem with u Loraen but gotta agree with Ravager here. Doesn't exactly take a lot of effort or hard work to "succeed" by just merging your guild with the #1 guild and piggybacking their success. If you don't think BDA could've merged into Ramp or FA in early Velious and become "successful" you're insane. Literally any of the casual guilds could likely have done the same thing had they tried. In fact I'm 99.9% sure Dottedup had attempted to absorb every casual guild that existed during his time.

Nibblewitz 05-17-2016 01:54 PM

This dude literally said on Sirken's stream that within the rotation, the name of the game is having a thin raid force to maximize pixel attainment; "doing more with less."

Then folds into the competitive zerg.

Credibility zero.

Swish 05-17-2016 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcr4990 (Post 2276542)
Doesn't exactly take a lot of effort or hard work to "succeed" by just merging your guild with the #1 guild and piggybacking their success. If you don't think BDA could've merged into Ramp or FA in early Velious and become "successful" you're insane.

BDA merge with another guild? Shit, the new guys wouldn't have any pixels for over 8 months.