Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Make EQ's music (MIDI) sound Significantly Better. (/forums/showthread.php?t=81207)

ir0nfist 11-09-2012 02:58 PM

I haven't played in a long time, but this always bothered me. I remember some people working on it, glad to see it was solved. Gonna keep and archive of these files for future reference just in case. Thank you.

Dantes 11-09-2012 03:23 PM

Thanks Chebby! This is awesome.

Zliz 04-24-2013 03:38 PM

Thanks a lot, just used this setup successfully today.

Furthermore, I figured out how to play all the XMI files in an application. I used XMPlay with the "MIDI input plugin", both found here: http://www.un4seen.com/xmplay.html

Quick instructions:

You need two files:
1mgm.sf2 - from http://p99.yourfirefly.com/1mgm.sf2
synthusr.sf2 - from your EQ directory

Install XMPlay

Launch XMPlayer, right click title bar, Options and stuff

Go to Plugins->Input, double click "MIDI (rev.12)"
With Bank 000 selected, click 'add' button, add synthusr.sf2, then 1mgm.sf2. Make sure 1mgm.sf2 is on top.

click Apply, close

You can now drag .xmi files from the EQ directory to the XMPlayer playlist and enjoy the awesome tunes.
Right-click the next/previous buttons to skip between subsongs

Buellen 04-24-2013 08:14 PM

sweet sound

Hi

I have to say thank you to everyone involved. sound is Definitely better. best i can describe it is that you can really here every instrument instead of muted flat tone of it.

Couple things

had to use my mac to download the 2 files for some reason got weird code on that screen with first one and second file could not get it.

once i got past the unable to get files i was very happy with the sound richness i can listen too. Man chilling at bar in south qeynos is amazing sound from the music.

Buskier 33 cleric follower of Rodcet Nife

PS sitting at fish ale inn south qeynos and doing nothing but listen to the music IT is that good the difference

RelivingNorrath 04-24-2013 10:35 PM

So I followed all the steps (re-checked myself several times) and now my music doesn't work. General sound FX still work, but I have no music anywhere in game. Any ideas why?

Zliz 04-25-2013 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RelivingNorrath (Post 933323)
So I followed all the steps (re-checked myself several times) and now my music doesn't work. General sound FX still work, but I have no music anywhere in game. Any ideas why?

The actual instructions one should follow for the setup of the BASSMIDI driver are here:

http://kode54.net/bassmididrv/BASSMI...figuration.htm

If you're on Vista or Windows 7, you will need to use an additional program to setup the driver properly, the section named "Additional Configuration Note for Windows Vista and Windows 7" near the bottom. I used the control panel applet called Putzlowitschs Vista MIDI Mapper linked there.

Furthermore, I also added the synthusr.sf2 file found in the EQ directory to the list of SoundFonts, although it will work without.

ir0nfist 04-25-2013 04:33 AM

I personally use VirtualMidiSynth. I also use synthusr.sf2 font as the secondary font. If you are on Win 8 midimapper has been removed so you can't use the bassmididrv.exe to remap the soundfont. In which case Virtualmidisynth works, works on win xp, vista, 7, also. Under options I turn off Increase process priority to REALTIME, turn on preload soundfont, and under advanced options I set the audio buffer to 250. If you hear crackling, increase the audio buffer.

RelivingNorrath 05-04-2013 01:41 AM

Thanks for the responses to my question, very helpful indeed!

Method 05-06-2013 06:41 PM

Epic! Tox forest sounds like it did back in 1999 Priceless!!!

Thank you!

Enanon 05-08-2013 08:25 AM

Mmm i have a problem.

I follow the instructions, but when i get to use Vista MIDI picker, it only has Microsoft GS option to chose, no bassmidi around anywhere.

I tried too the German program, but it dosnt work either.

Im under Windows 7, so dont know what to do... ideas?

thanks!