Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   JBB Usefulness (/forums/showthread.php?t=31989)

Extunarian 04-05-2011 01:03 PM

JBB Usefulness

In the interest of not crudding up people's EC sales I was hoping to hear from shaman who use/have used a Jaundiced Bone Bracer.

Pros: 263DD mana free nuke
Cons: 8 second cast time

While I agree it's a nice item and I certainly plan on getting one, I don't think its genuine to say that this is a truly game-changing item. If that were the case I don't think we'd see any Iksar shaman.

Can anyone pipe in to say exactly how they use it? Is it situational or does it make sense to do nothing but click this thing in group all day? And how do you manage mana regen if you have to always be standing up and using this thing?

Thanks!

Supaskillz 04-05-2011 01:30 PM

I have never played a shaman so I will let someone else address your main question, but I do know when kunark first came out all of the clicky armor could sort of be tricked into allowing you to sit during the casting. You had to make a macro that would have you sit right as casting started and stand just before it finished casting iirc.

Slathar 04-05-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extunarian (Post 256485)
In the interest of not crudding up people's EC sales I was hoping to hear from shaman who use/have used a Jaundiced Bone Bracer.

Pros: 263DD mana free nuke
Cons: 8 second cast time

While I agree it's a nice item and I certainly plan on getting one, I don't think its genuine to say that this is a truly game-changing item. If that were the case I don't think we'd see any Iksar shaman.

Can anyone pipe in to say exactly how they use it? Is it situational or does it make sense to do nothing but click this thing in group all day? And how do you manage mana regen if you have to always be standing up and using this thing?

Thanks!

I think it basically boils down to free damage. So, let us say you're root / DoTing in Charasis and find yourself facing more than you can chew. It'd be in your best interest to root/JBB down the last 10% of a mob than spend that mana on a DoT.

The utility of free damage is enormous and really is priceless. I guess it is up for debate, but I'd say this is a necessary item for any high-end shaman to own.

baalzy 04-05-2011 01:42 PM

If you time it right you only miss 1 tick of medding.

Unless you can regen more mana in 1 tick then you'd spend doing that same amount of damage and there isn't anything else for you to do in-group, it's low cost (small meding opportunity cost) damage.

I would think it would be especially useful when soloing to reduce the amount of healing you need to do on your pet to get ready for the new fight by simply reducing the duration of the fight at almost no mana cost.

It also would be useful to speed up farming when going after greens for whatever reason.

Once you hit 60 though and especially in raid situations where things are likely to resist you anyways, not going to be as useful.

Stumpes 04-05-2011 01:45 PM

IMO it is not a great item for grouping. For soloing it is great. It allows for the shaman to kill mobs quicker, especially under 20%.

It's a fun little trinket that is used a lot, but if you don't have one it's not a big issue. Probably one of the better pieces of Kunark gear though. The best my be Elder Spirits Sleeves.

ElanoraBryght 04-05-2011 01:51 PM

I posted this on another thread when someone was oohing over how OP this item is.

If you're killing mobs with 3k+ hp, it's going to take at least 14 casts (factor in some regen) to kill.
On blues and higher it will break root around 50% of the time.
On blues and higher you're going to get resists.

This is the slowest way to kill blues that I can imagine.

Extunarian 04-05-2011 02:05 PM

Thanks for the replies. This all jives with what I was thinking...can be a lifesaver in certain situations, nice free damage, but isn't one of those "how did I play before I had this" items.

Thanks folks.

Knuckle 04-05-2011 02:05 PM

It's a god damn worthless piece of shit, that time would be better spent cannibalizing for a DoT.
Correction, this is an awesome item for grouping, you can just autoclick bracer and not cast anything while you read the latest forgotten realms book.

Messianic 04-05-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extunarian (Post 256570)
Thanks for the replies. This all jives with what I was thinking...can be a lifesaver in certain situations, nice free damage, but isn't one of those "how did I play before I had this" items.

Thanks folks.

Simplest way is to think of it like an extra dot to use instead of getting a med tick.

A definitely helpful edge, but not vital.

Massive Marc 04-05-2011 02:26 PM

IMO as a Shaman, you're almost always better off cani/meding during that 8 seconds. 260~ dmg in 8 seconds is bad, especially on Kunark mobs. It's not good for group and is mediocre for Soloing.

This is purely my opinion and other will definitely disagree.