Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Crashing to login screen (/forums/showthread.php?t=414290)

Mordiaken 01-28-2023 12:49 AM

Crashing to login screen

AMD7600
AMD7900xtx
Windows 11
Tried use legacy console mode in options (no compatibility mode avail as on option)
tried wineq2
tried dgvoodoo
nothings working
tried changing my resolution to 1080p down from 4k.
tried as low as 720p, also set the game to run just off of the CPU instead of gpu.
none of these options has worked.
please help!

Mordiaken 01-31-2023 08:00 PM

technical support links for 4 and 5 do not work 404 not found error.

wunderon 02-01-2023 05:19 PM

Windows 11 has a compatibility mode under properties. set eqgame.exe to run under windows XP SP2 or 3 and run as administrator.

hth

Mordiaken 02-01-2023 09:59 PM

already tried that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunderon (Post 3566397)
Windows 11 has a compatibility mode under properties. set eqgame.exe to run under windows XP SP2 or 3 and run as administrator.

hth

Doesnt work.
I followed all technical support stuff before posting.
i found 3 different youtube videos on trouble shooting followed all using the account data i've used for years on windows 10 doesnt work.
I also started from scratch doesnt work.
I've tried Wired and wireless. w/o vpn from same network i used on my last pc.
I've also created a windows 10 virtual machine, did all this same stuff doesn't work.
same saved files on external HD work on old pc.

mcoy 02-02-2023 08:17 AM

Where exactly are you crashing to login? When camping in-game, or when trying to get to char select, or entering world, when zoning?

As a suggestion - all the resolutions you listed as trying aren't 4:3 aspect ratios.

-Mcoy

Kemadin 02-03-2023 03:25 PM

What exactly is occurring when the client "crashes"? Assuming that you are attempting to connect, hang, then get kicked back to the login screen you are most likely timing out. If that is the case try to flush your DNS and/or power cycle (reset) your network devices then try to connect again.

Mordiaken 02-04-2023 12:19 AM

about 1 second

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kemadin (Post 3567439)
What exactly is occurring when the client "crashes"? Assuming that you are attempting to connect, hang, then get kicked back to the login screen you are most likely timing out. If that is the case try to flush your DNS and/or power cycle (reset) your network devices then try to connect again.

its pretty fast from clicking login at server select to crashing back to enter password. maybe 1 second.

mcoy 02-04-2023 08:01 AM

You can't even get to char select ok... You said the same files work on another PC. Have you tried deleting or renaming eqclient.ini (the one you're actually using - if you installed in program files you'll need to look in appdata) so eqgame will generate a default one on next launch?

-Mcoy

Mordiaken 02-04-2023 01:38 PM

same results =/.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcoy (Post 3567939)
You can't even get to char select ok... You said the same files work on another PC. Have you tried deleting or renaming eqclient.ini (the one you're actually using - if you installed in program files you'll need to look in appdata) so eqgame will generate a default one on next launch?

-Mcoy

i followed those instructions, no luck, also tried fresh install. same results

Ashintar 02-05-2023 08:33 AM

Just curious... how fast is your proc, this type of issue would happen to me if I was over the 4.xGHz limit