Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Stay Off Rock: (/forums/showthread.php?t=371095)

Albanwr 11-08-2020 09:25 PM

Stay Off Rock:

Discuss

MappaEQ 11-11-2020 01:46 PM

Why is Seal Team allowed to exploit pathing bugs to get server first Fungi Tunic with little more than a "hey don't do it again" slap on the wrist from staff?

The GMs and the community know they intentionally cheated. The server first was not rescinded. The fungi tunic was not rescinded.

Seal Team was told given their usual "Warning" and an NPC named "Stay Off Rock" was put on the exploit rock as a warning not to do it again. Seems fair.

Baler 11-11-2020 01:50 PM

probably the same reason raiders were exploiting pathing in kael to keep giants busy while their guild killed raid mobs there.

It comes down to nilbog or rogean pulling the trigger on pending fixes for these exploits.

---
If you know of a pathing exploit consider dropping a /loc and explanation into the Petition section of the forums.

Castle2.0 11-11-2020 01:58 PM

I am just glad an NPC named "Stay Off Rock" was put there so I can experience classic EQ in all it's classic immersion like it was in 99/00.

Jimjam 11-11-2020 01:59 PM

Server first items aren’t any better than any other. No one in their right mind cares about server firsts, if you want to pretend it matters you can also pretend this tunic doesn’t count as server first.

kaev 11-11-2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3209868)
Server first items aren’t any better than any other. No one in their right mind cares about server firsts, if you want to pretend it matters you can also pretend this tunic doesn’t count as server first.

Screw the server first crap. Why wasn't the exploited loot deleted and the character accounts involved flagged for a vacation the next time they tried some obvious and well-known bullshit?

OuterChimp 11-11-2020 03:04 PM

I hope you guys never find out I never patched SKyrim so i could keep getting free gold out of those glitched chests.

Jibartik 11-11-2020 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castle2.0 (Post 3209866)
I am just glad an NPC named "Stay Off Rock" was put there so I can experience classic EQ in all it's classic immersion like it was in 99/00.

To be fair DARE was super popular around '99

https://i.imgur.com/EUfpj2t.png

Albanwr 11-11-2020 03:48 PM

The problem is that cheats/exploits go on for too long before a punishment is handed out, and that punishment comes down like Thor's Hammer.

Instead of handing out small punishments that would deter others, lots and lots of cheating/exploiting/training and general douchebaggery goes on for months/years with only a "warning"(which is nothing more than a laugh between Guides/guilds). And the whole cycle continues.

The GMs know that exploiting happened at the rock and have done zero about it. This will only lead to more exploiting.

Trexller 11-11-2020 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3209868)

Man I know that at least one of those neckbeards has a folder for his server first screenshots. I would bet that at least one player has a folder of other people's server first screenshots.

People are weird.