Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Shattered Emerald of Corruption (/forums/showthread.php?t=403094)

Botten 05-16-2022 04:18 PM

Shattered Emerald of Corruption

Question

I saw in the wiki the Shattered Emerald of Corruption was going for about 40 to 80K for the MQ yet I have seen a lot of Blue Trader threads saying it starts at 200K. When did this change and why? Was the Gem an always drop from Innorruk at one time?

Jimjam 05-16-2022 04:25 PM

Verrant decided the ranger epic was too hard so removed the Innorruk bottle neck and replaced it with the minis, which were a small array of far tinier bottlenecks. On p1999 this means Innorruk’s heart is much harder to obtain once it is patched to the ‘easier’ itemisation.

Tethler 05-16-2022 06:18 PM

I feel like it's harder to get after the change. It used to take a raid force when it dropped off Inni so if you actively raided you would see one every now and then. On minis, though, they're farmable by a small crew. If you don't set up something for yourself and track minis, the chances if seeing one drop in the normal course of raiding seem to be far less. On the flip side, there are probably more total emeralds dropping, you just gotta fork out plat to farmers that are likely intentionally inflating prices for profit.

pogs4ever 05-18-2022 02:42 PM

there's a group of players that log out inside hate and farm mini's pretty constantly. they've been busted at least one time that I know of, but you have to do a lot of violations to get booted off this server.

Arvan 05-19-2022 01:18 AM

If you just call rogean’s boss you can get your ban reverted I heard from a friend

Naethyn 05-20-2022 12:43 AM

It’s way more rare now. Way more rare.

Tethler 05-20-2022 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naethyn (Post 3460794)
It’s way more rare now. Way more rare.

I believe it. It feels like it's been a year since I got Swiftwind on my ranger. Don't really have any expectation of ever getting Earthcaller. I only play a handful of hours a week. In those handful of hours, it's extremely rare that my guild is going to be in Hate. If they do go, I'd have to be lucky for a mini to be up, and then drop the emerald, and not be outbid by someone with a million DKP taking one for their level 51 ranger alt, lol.

sogundordor 05-30-2022 02:26 AM

what can we buy if we have 200k budget?

Toxigen 06-01-2022 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tethler (Post 3461155)
I believe it. It feels like it's been a year since I got Swiftwind on my ranger. Don't really have any expectation of ever getting Earthcaller. I only play a handful of hours a week. In those handful of hours, it's extremely rare that my guild is going to be in Hate. If they do go, I'd have to be lucky for a mini to be up, and then drop the emerald, and not be outbid by someone with a million DKP taking one for their level 51 ranger alt, lol.

SBoZ MH and keep a Swarmcaller in inventory.

There, just saved you a 200k mq...for the price of a tradeable 40-50k weapon.

eisley 06-08-2022 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3464821)
SBoZ MH and keep a Swarmcaller in inventory.

There, just saved you a 200k mq...for the price of a tradeable 40-50k weapon.

It is kinda sad, but this guy is right. In fact, for the period where Willsapper was 50% slow and Earthcaller was no longer 70%, Sapper was essentially a straight upgrade to Earthcaller.

These days, Swiftblade of Zek, Exquisite Hammer/Spear, The Horn of Hsagra, Willsapper, Blam Stick, Tsiraka's Claws, etc. along with a Swarmcaller is probably the way to go, as you'd want to swap out Earthcaller after proccing either way.

In terms of value, Swiftblade of Zek, Swiftwind, and Swarmcaller is probably the sweet spot.